This Parsnip Purée with Garlic and Herbs is a healthier and lightened up version of your favorite mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb. Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup The Original Oatly Oat Milk, or milk of choice
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Fresh Rosemary, just a small sprinkle
- Fresh Lemon Thyme, just a small sprinkle
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated, or Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Parsnips: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the parsnips. Cook until tender about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Purée: To a food processor, add the parsnips, milk, garlic, rosemary and thyme and purée until smooth.
- Season: Add the cheese and pulse again until just incorporated. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Serve immediately or cover and reheat later.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Side Dish Recipes, Fresh Herbs, Gluten-Free Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Parsnip Recipes, Pureeing Recipes, Root Vegetables, Side Dish, Thanksgiving