Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is the perfect good-bye summer salad. It is made with all the late summer produce of peaches, strawberries, cucumber and sweet corn, and is then topped off with a honey-lime vinaigrette. It is so hearty and delicious!
- FARRO SALAD:
- 1 cup Nature’s Earthly Choice Organic Farro, cooked
- 4 Peaches, diced
- 1/2 lb. Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced (skin removed)
- 3 Peaches N’ Cream Corn on the Cob or another sweet corn, shucked and cooked
- 1 Shallot, diced
- Cilantro, a good handful
- HONEY-LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (good quality)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Beeyond The Hive Raw Clover Honey
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Farro: Prepare the farro according to package directions.
- Corn: While the farro is cooking, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently place the ears of corn into the water, cover the pot, and turn off the heat. Let the corn cook in the hot water until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob: Once the corn has cooled, you’ll need to remove it from the cob. Place a small bowl or cup upside down in a larger bowl. Slightly trim the end of each corn cob so there is a flat surface to work with. Place the flat side of the corn on top of the small bowl. Use a sharp knife to slice down the side of each corn cob.
- Put it together: To a large bowl, add the farro, fruits and veggies and stir to combine.
- Honey-Lime Vinaigrette: In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Check the seasoning: Mix the vinaigrette into the salad. Check the flavors again, because you may need to add a bit more salt and pepper.
- How to serve: Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Category: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cilantro, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Easy Side Dish Recipes, Farro Recipes, Grain Recipes, Healthy, High Fiber, Honey Recipes, Peach Recipes, Salad Recipes, Side Dish, Summer Recipes, Vegetarian