***This post is made in collaboration with Beeyond The Hive. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
This Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is the perfect good-bye summer salad. It’s filled with all the late summer produce of peaches, strawberries, cucumber and sweet corn. Then it’s topped off with a honey-lime vinaigrette.
Who else besides me is trying to hold on to all things summer for just a bit longer? I mean, I know we’ve transitioned into September already, where you start to see apple this and pumpkin that, but seriously…it’s still pretty hot where I live, and my garden is still in full swing. Plus, the last official day of summer isn’t until September 22nd.
My plan is to keep going with the warm weather and enjoy it until I’m forced to change. So here’s a recipe to show off all of the late summer goodness!
This Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is made up of farro, peaches, sweet corn, cucumber, strawberries, a ton of cilantro and a honey-lime vinaigrette. It is to die for!!! Of course, the honey comes from my all-time favorite source, Beeyond The Hive. So be sure to check them out.
And, for more honey recipes, please give these a try:
- Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade
- Sweet-&-Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4-Ingredient Lavender Lemonade Popsicles
- Grilled Salmon With Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
Peach Cilantro Farro Salad
- 1 cup Nature’s Earthly Choice Organic Farro, cooked
- 4 Peaches, diced
- 1/2 lb. Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced (skin removed)
- 3 Peaches N’ Cream Corn on the Cob or another sweet corn, shucked and cooked
- 1/2 Shallot, diced
- Cilantro, a good handful
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps Beeyond The Hive Raw Clover Honey
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Prepare the farro according to package directions.
- While the farro is cooking, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently place the ears of corn into the water, cover the pot, and turn off the heat. Let the corn cook in the hot water until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Over a cutting board – hold one corn cob vertically – cutting the kernels off. Repeat this process with the remaining corn cobs.
- To a large bowl, add the farro, fruits and veggies and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Mix the vinaigrette into the salad. Check the flavors again, because you may need to add a bit more salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.