***This post is made in collaboration with Beeyond The Hive. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is the perfect good-bye summer salad. It is made with all the late summer produce of peaches, strawberries, cucumber and sweet corn, and is then topped off with a honey-lime vinaigrette. It is so hearty and delicious!
Tips For The Best Peach Cilantro Farro Salad:
- Prep – You can cook the farro in advance, then prep all the other ingredients and store them in individual containers until you’re ready to assemble.
- Farro – What is farro? Farro is an ancient whole-grain wheat that has a nutty flavor and chewy texture. It can be eaten plain, or can be added to soups, salads or other dishes. And it is a great source of protein, fiber, magnesium and iron. (It even offers almost double the value of fiber and protein compared to the same serving size of quinoa).
- Replacement for farro – If you can’t get your hands on farro, a great replacement is wheat berries, spelt berries or Kamut berries.
- Substitution for farro – If you need a gluten-free version, then I recommend trying brown rice, oat groats or sorghum.
- Fruits & Vegetables – Find the freshest summer produce! To be honest, canned fruit and veggies will not work here, because it will change the flavor and it is not as healthy.
- Lime – Please be sure to incorporate the lime juice, because the acidity will help balance out the other sweet flavors.
- Fresh Cilantro – You will want to use fresh cilantro in this recipe. Fresh really makes this salad pop. Also, I like to use a lot, but use whatever amount you prefer.
- Sweetener – The honey gives the vinaigrette just a touch of sweetness and brings it all together. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well.
- Ever since discovering Beeyond The Hive honey, it is now my go-to sweetener of choice. I just love them! So be sure to check them out.
- Refrigeration Time – Make sure to refrigerate the salad. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes to allow all the flavors to marry.
Uses For This Farro Salad:
- Great as a main dish
- Side dish
- A delicious snack
- Can serve along side chicken, beef or fish, or eaten alone as a vegetarian option
This vibrant vegetarian salad is also dairy-free, refined-sugar free and, if need be, can be made gluten-free as well. All in all, this Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is the perfect balance between sweet and savory! It is healthy and packed full of bright summer flavors, and it will add so much freshness to your meal. I really hope you enjoy it!
And, for more honey recipes, please give these a try:
- Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade
- Sweet-&-Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4-Ingredient Lavender Lemonade Popsicles
- Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print