Spicy sweet chipotle chicken tacos cooked in a slow cooker, and topped with sweet pineapple and crisp onion. Perfect for a weeknight meal, game day or just because!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 pkg White Flour Tortillas or White Corn Tortillas, charred
- 1 Whole Pineapple, cubed
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey
- 1 7 oz can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (3 peppers diced)
- 2–3 tsps Adobo Sauce
- 1 tsp McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp McCormick Chili Powder
- 1 tsp McCormick Paprika
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Fresh Lime, quartered
- Spice mixture: In a small dish, add all the spices and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Chicken: To a slow cooker, arrange the whole chicken breasts and completely coat both sides of the chicken with the spice mixture. Top with the diced chipotle peppers, sauce and honey.
- Cook: Cover and cook on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours, or cook on low for 6 – 6 1/2 hours.
- Shred the chicken: Pull out the chicken and shred with two forks. Then add the meat back to the slow cooker and stir into the juices. (There will be quite a bit of liquid, but once the chicken is shredded and added back in it will be nicely absorbed).
- Tortillas: Lightly char the tortillas on medium-low flame of a gas stove, or broil on high in the oven. (*Either way, don’t leave them unattended).
- Assemble: Top with onion, pineapple, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Slow Cooker Times: Whether you cook the meat on low or high, make sure to check the doneness at the 3 hour or 5-6 hour mark. If it is overcooked, it will taste dry and will have lost its bold flavor.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Recipes, Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe, Easy Main Dish, Honey Recipes, Lime Recipes, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties, Slow Cooker Recipes, Summer, Taco