Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Chicken Tacos! These spicy, sweet chipotle chicken tacos are cooked in a slow cooker, and topped with sweet pineapple and crisp onion! Perfect for a weeknight meal, game day or just because!
And I have to say, these tacos are the BOMB! I have tested this recipe a number of times, and I believe I’ve landed on the perfect balance of spicy and sweet. To be honest, this recipe is quite simple and idiot proof. (For me it is made all the more simple, because I use my favorite McCormick spices, Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey and a nifty thrifty kitchen tool that cored and peeled my whole pineapple in just seconds, and it all turned out perfectly!)
You literally just throw your chicken, spices, honey and chipotle peppers into the slow cooker and let it simmer away — becoming all sweet and juicy and glorious. The only thing you really need to think about is prepping your garnishes right before you eat. See that’s pretty simple, right?!?
And as you know, tacos are a pretty versatile food and are perfect for a game day lunch, an easy weeknight meal or a laid back outing with some friends. So you can bet, I’ll be making these Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Chicken Tacos yet again for Super Bowl weekend. And with the leftovers, I’ll then prep my Chipotle Honey Chicken Nachos as an appetizer to eat during the actual game. (You should check that goodie out too)!
And, for more game day eats, please give these a try:
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wing
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Individualized Mini Pizzas
- Fresh Garden Salsa
Chipotle Honey Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 pkg White Flour Tortillas or White Corn Tortillas, charred
- 1 Whole Pineapple, cubed
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey (linked below)
- 1 7 oz can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (3 peppers diced)
- 2-3 tsps Adobo Sauce
- 1 tsp McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp McCormick Chili Powder
- 1 tsp McCormick Paprika
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- In a small dish, add all the spices and mix until thoroughly combined.
- To a slow cooker, arrange the whole chicken breasts and completely coat both sides of the chicken with the spice mixture. Top with the diced chipotle peppers, sauce and honey.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours, or cook on low for 6 – 6 1/2 hours.
- Pull out the chicken and shred with two forks. Then add the meat back to the slow cooker and stir into the juices. (There will be quite a bit of liquid, but once the chicken is shredded and added back in it will be nicely absorbed).
- Lightly char the tortillas on medium-low flame of a gas stove, or broil on high in the oven. (*Either way, don’t leave them unattended).
- Top with onion, pineapple, cilantro and lime wedges.
- Slow Cooker Times: Whether you cook the meat on low or high, make sure to check the doneness at the 3 hour or 5-6 hour mark. If it is overcooked, it will taste dry and will have lost its bold flavor.
- OXO Pineapple Corer can be found on Amazon.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.