This Strawberry Lavender Gin and Tonic is a fun twist on the classic gin and tonic! It is made with a strawberry lavender simple syrup, lemon juice, tonic water and an herbal gin that is to die for.
- STRAWBERRY LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup Filtered Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Whole Lavender Flowers
- 6 Strawberries, sliced
- STRAWBERRY LAVENDER GIN & TONIC:
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1 oz Strawberry Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice (equivalent to one large lemon)
- 2 oz Tonic Water
- Strawberries, for garnish
- Lemon, for garnish
- Strawberry Lavender Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm the water to almost boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Add the lavender and strawberries and give it a gentle stir. Cover and let steep until it is completely cool. (I like to let it steep for two hours). Discard the lavender and strawberries.
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic: To a glass add the ice, Empress Gin, simple syrup, lemon juice and tonic water. Stir to combine.
- Garnish: Top with a strawberry and lemon wedge. Drink and enjoy!
- Simple Syrup: It is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. And the longer you let the syrup steep the more potent the flavor will be. After one hour of steep time the strawberry flavor is there but it’s still faint. However, after two hours the simple syrup is nicely concentrated with strawberry flavor. Just keep this in mind and plan ahead.
- Lemon Juice: To balance out the flavors, you will need a fair amount of lemon juice. It may seem like a lot but, believe me, it works perfectly for this drink. Also, be sure to use fresh and not bottled.
- Tonic Water: Not all tonic water is created equal. Some have natural sugar and natural quinine while others do not. Just make sure to do your research before you buy.
- Simple Syrup: Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cocktail Recipe, Fruit, Gin Recipe, Gin and Tonic, Honey, Lavender, Lemon, Mixed Drink Recipe, Outdoor Party, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties, Spring, Strawberry, Summer