This latte is all about the fresh mint. It is made with a fresh mint and honey simple syrup. And, of course, you can add whatever amount your taste buds desire. Either way, it’s fun, it’s fresh, and it’s minty.
- FRESH MINT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 3/4 cup Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey
- 1 big bunch Organic Fresh Mint Leaves
- ICED NESPRESSO MINT LATTES:
- 2 pods Arpeggio Nespresso Pods, brewed (equivalent to 3 ounces)
- Fresh Mint Simple Syrup
- Oat Milk, or milk of choice
- Fresh Mint Leaves, for garnish
- For 2 Pods: Use 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh mint syrup for a lightly sweet latte, or more for a sweeter latte, and 1/2 cup milk
- For 1 Pod: Use 1 1/2 tsp up to 1 tbsp fresh mint syrup, depending on how sweet you want it, and 1/3 cup milk
- Make the simple syrup: In a small pot, warm the water to almost boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved.
- Steep: Stir in the mint; cover and steep for 1-4 hours. (The longer the better).
- Discard the mint: Strain the honey mixture and discard the mint. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Espresso: Once espresso is brewed, add the syrup and stir to dissolve.
- Assemble: Froth the milk, and top an ice-filled glass with the frothed milk and Nespresso and give it a light stir.
- Garnish: Top with fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
- Mint: You will only want to use fresh mint in this recipe. (Tip: Use either a large handful of mint from your garden, or purchase a 5 oz package from the store). Also, I like to rip a lot of the leaves in half, because it releases those essential oils much faster.
- Simple Syrup: You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks. This will make multiple drinks. And once made, prep time will be under five minutes.
- Frother: If you don’t have one, there are several other methods such as an immersion blender, a frothing wand, a pump frother, hand whisk or even hand mixer.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Coffee Drinks, Coffee Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Honey, Iced Coffee Recipes, Iced Latte, Mint, Refined Sugar Free, Simple Syrup, Summer, Summer Recipes