Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes! This latte is all about the fresh mint. It is made with a fresh mint and honey simple syrup. And, of course, you can add whatever amount your taste buds desire. Either way, it’s fun, it’s fresh, and it’s minty.
Perks Of This Latte:
- Refined Sugar-Free
- Minty and super fresh!
Tips For The Perfect Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes:
- Espresso – Nespresso is my go-to! If you have not tried this brand yet you definitely should treat yourself. It is phenomenal! You’ll never look at coffee the same way again. 😉 Just a heads up though, regular coffee works here as well.
- Mint – You will only want to use fresh mint in this recipe. (Tip: Use either a large handful of mint from your garden, or purchase a 5 oz package from the store). Also, I like to rip a lot of the leaves in half, because it releases those essential oils much faster.
- Honey – Beeyond The Hive honey is a great option. It’s all natural and raw from the hive. I have linked the one I use below.
- Simple Syrup – You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks. This will make multiple drinks. And once made, prep time will be under five minutes.
- Milk – My favorite dairy-free alternative is The Original Oatly Oat Milk. It is super creamy and delicious. And in my opinion, the oat flavor is very subtle – I can’t tell. I do not know how they do it, but the flavors are perfectly balanced.
- Frothing – Frothed milk is a necessity to all lattes. As I am a self-proclaimed Nespresso nut, I use their Aeroccino, which can froth both hot and cold milk. But, if you don’t have one, there are several other methods such as an immersion blender, a frothing wand, a pump frother, hand whisk or even hand mixer…and I would pretty much put them in that order.
Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes
- FRESH MINT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 3/4 cup Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey (linked below)
- 1 big bunch Organic Fresh Mint Leaves
- ICED NESPRESSO MINT LATTES:
- 2 pods Arpeggio Nespresso Pods, brewed (equivalent to 3 ounces) (linked below)
- Fresh Mint Simple Syrup
- The Original Oatly Oat Milk (No dairy, no nuts, no gluten), or milk of choice
- Fresh Mint Leaves, for garnish
- For 2 Pods: Use 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh mint syrup for a lightly sweet latte, or more for a sweeter latte, and 1/2 cup milk
- For 1 Pod: Use 1 1/2 tsp up to 1 tbsp fresh mint syrup, depending on how sweet you want it, and 1/3 cup milk
- In a small pot, warm the water to almost boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved.
- Stir in the mint; cover and steep for 1-4 hours. (The longer the better).
- Strain the honey mixture and discard the mint. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once espresso is brewed, add the syrup and stir to dissolve.
- Froth the milk, and top an ice-filled glass with the frothed milk and Nespresso and give it a light stir.
- Top with fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
For more fun coffee drinks, please give these a try: