Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken! All you need are 5 easy ingredients to make this super flavorful and versatile shredded salsa chicken.
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 2 lbs. total)
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Green Chile Chunky Salsa (Medium)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Chicken: Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, and then coat the chicken with a good amount each of the cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika. (I like to be generous with these 3 spices, especially with the smoked paprika).
- Cook: Next, cover all the chicken with the salsa. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, (or low for 6-8 hours), or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred and toss: Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining juices until well combined.
- How to use: Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chicken also freezes well.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chicken Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Chicken Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes