This version is made with sweet Honeycrisp apple, crunchy bell pepper, chewy raisins, and some grapes and onion — it’s so yummy and light! And, to make it even better I use my favorite clean mayo. It is made with all organic ingredients, and the taste is amazing! The best part is there are no added flavors or bad for you oils like a lot of common mayo brands on the shelf.
- 2 large Chicken Breasts (1.5 lbs.), cooked and shredded
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple, diced
- 20 Green Grapes, halved
- 1 Orange or Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Red or Yellow Onion, diced
- Dried Golden Raisins, just a handful
- Optional: Sliced Almonds, a small handful
- 1 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo or Classic Homemade Hummus, or to taste
- Mixed Greens, Bread, Pita Pocket, Crackers or Apple Slices
- Boil the chicken: In a large pot of boiling water, cook the chicken until it looses its pink color. (Takes 20-25 minutes).
- Fruits and veggies: During this time, prep all the fruits and vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pulse the chicken: Once the chicken cools, pulse it in a food processor until it reaches a fine consistency. Add the shredded chicken to the mixing bowl with your other ingredients and give it a good mix.
- Season: Add mayo, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Serving suggestions: Serve over mixed greens, on toasted bread, in a pita pocket, in a wrap, over crackers or apple rounds.
- If possible, use all organic ingredients.
- Servings: If making sandwiches this will make four.
- Bread: My personal favorite is the 7 Nut & Seed Bread by Base Culture. This brand is grain, gluten, preservative and dairy-free.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Chicken Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Grape Recipes, Main Dish, Poultry, Sandwhich