This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe is healthy and light. It is made with shredded chicken, apples, grapes and bell pepper – it has great texture, crunch and creaminess. This recipe is perfect for an easy lunch or fun appetizer!
- Chicken breasts
- Bell pepper
- Dried cranberries
- Salt & pepper
- Mayo or hummus
- Mixed greens, bread or pita pocket
A great thing about this recipe is that it is completely customizable based upon your preferences and what’s available during any given season. But you should try it this way first, because it is the best! Sweet apples, crunchy bell pepper, and chewy dried cranberries — it’s so yummy and light! And that is how it should be too.
Ingredient Notes For This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe:
- Apple – My all-time favorite apple is the Honeycrisp apple so that is what I use here. Feel free to use whatever you like though.
- Binder – Feel free to use either mayo or hummus. If you are interested, The Best Classic Homemade Hummus is a great option.
- How to Serve – You can serve it over a bed of mixed greens, on bread, in a pita pocket or in a wrap… And to make it into a more dainty appetizer, you can even serve it on thinly sliced apple rounds. Delish!
And, for more delicious recipes, please give these a try:
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (w/ Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette)
- Mediterranean Chicken Hummus Bowls
- Parmesan Spaghetti Squash with Sausage
- Tuna Pasta with Lemon and Capers (One Pot)
- Strawberry Lentil Salad with Greens
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print