We eat a lot of chicken in our house. It is such a versatile protein. So it’s unbelievably easy to transform it into absolutely anything you want it to be.
So this chicken salad is an item that’s on my regular lunch menu rotation. We love it! My stepson gets so excited when he sees it. I made it again last week, and as he walked up to the table he said, “Oh my gosh, I’m so happy! I just love your chicken salad!” Now that screams, winner!
A great thing about this recipe is that it is completely customizable based upon your preferences and what’s available during any given season. But you should try it this way first, because it is the best! Sweet apples, crunchy bell pepper, and chewy dried cranberries — it’s so yummy and light! And that is how it should be too.
You can serve it over a bed of mixed greens, on bread, in a pita pocket or in a wrap… And to make it into a more dainty appetizer, you can even serve it on thinly sliced apple rounds. Delish!
Either way it’s a good deal (it’ll definitely put a smile on your face like it has my stepson)!
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple, diced
- 20 Green Grapes, halved
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- handful Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Red or Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- Sliced Almonds
- Mixed Greens, Bread or Pita Pocket
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the chicken until it looses its pink color. During this time, prep all other ingredients and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken cools, shred it in a food processor until it reaches a fine consistency. Add the shredded chicken to the mixing bowl with your other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Serving suggestions: Mixed greens, bread, pita pocket or apple rounds. Optional: Top salad with sliced almonds.