These Delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a super easy, delicious, and healthy side dish for the holidays or any meal.
- 4 large Sweet Potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Oat Milk, or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Redmond Real Fine Sea Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Boil: To a pot of boiling water, add the diced sweet potatoes and cook until they can be easily pierced with a fork; about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain well.
- Blend: With a hand mixer, mix up the potatoes for about a minute or so. Add the milk and butter and mix until well blended and smooth. Add the garlic and maple syrup and give it a quick stir until just incorporated. (Taste for flavor and adjust accordingly). Finish off with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Enjoy immediately!
- If possible, use all organic ingredients.
- Different flavor combinations: You can use brown butter, top with candied pecans or your favorite toasted nut, sweeten with maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar, add cinnamon, nutmeg or both, or sprinkle some of my DIY Garden Herb Salt on top.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dairy-Free, Easy Side Dish Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Side Dish, Sweet Potato, Vegan, Vegetarian