DIY Garden Herb Salt! This flavorful herb salt really packs a punch. It is super easy to throw together, and can be made with a number of different herb combinations. You can’t mess it up!
The Best Herbs For An Herb Salt:
Uses For This DIY Herb Salt:
- This salt mixture is perfect on just about everything! So please experiment with the list below.
- Smashed or mashed potatoes
- Fluffy eggs
- Fresh fruit like watermelon
- Fresh or roasted veggies like asparagus
- Rub it on chicken, fish, pork chops, red meat
- Sprinkle over soups and stews
DIY Garden Herb Salt Recipe:
- For this particular recipe, I used fresh lemon thyme and rosemary, because they are two of my all-time favorite herbs. And the combo is just phenomenal! Also, I threw in some garlic, because why not?!? And for this mixture I used coarse sea salt. (This salt acts as a preservative, so the herbs should last at least 6 months or longer).
- Feel free to try other combinations, as well, from the list above. (I’ve also made a combination of basil, mint and cilantro before, and it did not disappoint. It was so good).
- Herbs – To remove the thyme from the stem, place your pointer finger and thumb at the top of the stem, and firmly slide the leaves down the woody stem. The leaves should easily come off. To strip the rosemary leaves from the stem, pull the needles in the opposite direction from which they grow and they should easily slide off the stalk. Discard the stems.
- Herb Quantity – Have fun with it. Feel free to experiment with the amount of herbs you have on hand. There are no hard and fast rules here. (At times I’ll use 1 cup of herbs, and other times I’ll use a total of 2 cups).
- Equipment – Use a food processor because it makes the prep time so easy. It takes just minutes to whip up. However, if you don’t have one, just use a sharp knife and cutting board.
And, for recipes that pair well with this herb salt, please give these a try:
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.