Delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a super easy and healthy side dish for the holidays or any time of year.
If you love the classic mashed potato side dish, then you should give this sweet potato version a try. It may just become your new favorite like it has mine.
- 4 Large sweet potatoes
- Oat milk, or milk of choice
- Vegan butter or butter of choice
- Maple syrup
How To Make These Delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Peel the skins off the potatoes, unless you want a chunkier mash. For this recipe, I peel the skins off.
- Roast or boil the potatoes on the stovetop. However, boiling them is much easier and produces a creamier result.
- After you boil them, drain the potatoes.
- To blend, either use a potato masher or an electric hand mixer. If you want your potatoes super smooth, feel free to use a food processor.
- For the best results, blend in the milk and butter.
- Don’t forget to season. Salt and pepper are a must.
Different Flavor Combos:
- Use brown butter
- Top with candied pecans or your favorite toasted nut
- Sweeten with honey or brown sugar
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg or both
- Sprinkle some DIY Garden Herb Salt on top
I love mashed sweet potatoes! And my favorite way to serve them is with some maple syrup, vegan butter and garlic. Depending on what else I’m serving with the potatoes, I will either add some cinnamon or herbs to the potatoes as well.
FYI: Leftover mashed sweet potatoes keep will in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
And, for recipes to pair with this side dish, please give these a try:
- Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Herb-Crusted Cornish Game Hens
- Hearty Autumn-Harvest Salad with Apples
- Maple Pecan Pie Bars
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My White Textured Stoneware can be found at World Market.