Herb Salted Smashed Potatoes! These smashed potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and creamy and fluffy on the inside. And, right out of the oven, they’re sprinkled with a flavorful herb salt that puts their flavor over the top. They are so good, you don’t even need ketchup!
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Potatoes: In a small pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Toss: Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the potatoes, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper, and give them a toss.
- Smash: Spread the potatoes out in an even layer. Gently smash with a potato masher or fork; making sure to keep the potatoes intact.
- Roast: Roast for 15-17 minutes, or until brown and crisp on the bottom. Turn the potatoes and roast for an additional 15-17 minutes.
- Add cheese: During the last 2-3 minutes, sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese and roast just until the cheese melts.
- Add salt: Sprinkle the potatoes with the herb salt and serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Lunch Recipes, Easy Side Dish Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Lunch, Mashed Potato, Parmesan Cheese Recipes, Potato, Side Dish, Smashed Potatoes