Herb Salted Smashed Potatoes! These smashed potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and creamy and fluffy on the inside. And, right out of the oven, they’re sprinkled with a flavorful herb salt that puts their flavor over the top. They are so good, you don’t even need ketchup!
The Types Of Potatoes To Use In This Recipe:
- You can use Blushing Belle Fresh Creamer Potatoes, baby red potatoes or new potatoes.
- For this recipe, I use the belle potatoes.
Blushing Belle Fresh Creamer Potato Facts:
- They are extremely versatile, and adapt well to a variety of cooking methods (i.e. can be boiled, roasted, grilled or mashed).
- Fat, gluten and cholesterol free.
- A good source of potassium.
- They have a soft, light texture with mild, delicate flavor.
- A serving is just 90 calories.
Herb Salt For These Smashed Potatoes:
- This herb salt makes this dish what it is! It’s salty. It’s herby. And it delivers on flavor. Here’s the recipe for my DIY Garden Herb Salt.
- These Herb Salted Smashed Potatoes are great as is, or you can add parmesan cheese to top them off. Also, you can serve them with a side of ketchup as well.
- If there are leftovers, you can use them as a breakfast hash the next morning.
And for more side dishes, please give these a try:
- Charred Lemon Broccoli
- Charred Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Lemon Butter Asparagus
- Grilled Sweet Corn & Black Bean Salad
Herb Salted Smashed Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs. The Little Potato Company Blushing Belle Fresh Creamer Potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Herb Salt, to taste (linked below)
- Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the potatoes, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper, and give them a toss.
- Spread the potatoes out in an even layer. Gently smash with a potato masher or fork; making sure to keep the potatoes intact.
- Roast for 15-17 minutes, or until brown and crisp on the bottom.
- Turn the potatoes and roast for an additional 15-17 minutes.
- During the last 2-3 minutes, sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan cheese and roast just until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the herb salt and serve hot.
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- And this authentic Parmigiano Reggiano is on Amazon as well.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.