This apple tart is made with just six simple ingredients and is perfect for any festive gathering! It has a light, buttery crust, sweet apples and a healthy sprinkle of cinnamon sugar topping.
- Let pastry thaw: Thaw one puff pastry sheet according to package directions; about 30-35 minutes.
- Make the topping: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. To a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pastry: Gently roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin, and add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick the dough with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up during cooking.
- Egg: Whisk the egg together and lightly brush it all over the pastry.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Sprinkle most of the cinnamon sugar topping all over the puff pastry.
- Apples: Top with the apples in whatever pattern you desire.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar topping all over the apples.
- Bake: Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Cut: Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
- Optional but highly recommended: Drizzle some vegan caramel sauce on top.
- Apples/Puff Pastry: Use the lines in the pastry as a guide to organize the apples. Be sure to also prick the dough with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up during cooking. (If this step is skipped, the dough puffs up and some of the toppings slide off).
- Sugar: Feel free to use either cane sugar or coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is unrefined and is the healthier option. However, both work well for this recipe.
- Cook Time: Cook for less time if you desire less of a crunch. If you want more of a crunch cook for longer.
- Servings: Makes 6 large servings or 12 smaller servings.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Apple Dessert, Apple Recipes, Baking, Dessert, Easy Baking, Easy Dessert Recipes, Fruit, Fruit Dessert Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Desserts