Ok, family and friends, Thanksgiving is just 6 short days away, and boy have I been crazy busy making a number of simple, yet delicious and decadent recipes for you to make this holiday season. I promise, this menu will be a major hit in your house!
I have all aspects covered for you, and everything includes simple ingredients, is easily executable and is delicious in flavor. There are a couple breakfast items, the main lunch, which includes sides and an easy yet flavorful dessert. And this Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce is one of the breakfast items that can be played off as a dessert! It’s a two-for-one!😉
Be sure to check out my 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce as well. It will blow your mind! And, for more delicious desserts, please give these a try:
- Maple Pecan Pie Bars (GF & DF)
- Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp
- Cranberry Almond Cake (GF & DF)
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
This apple tart is made with just six simple ingredients and is perfect for any festive gathering! It has a light, buttery crust, sweet apples and a healthy sprinkle of cinnamon sugar topping.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar (linked below)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (slightly heaping)
- Vegan Caramel Sauce, for drizzling (linked below)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin, and add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg together and lightly brush it all over the pastry.
- Sprinkle most of the cinnamon sugar topping all over the puff pastry.
- Top with the apples in whatever pattern you desire.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar topping all over the apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
- Optional but highly recommended: vegan caramel sauce drizzle
- Apples/Puff Pastry: Use the lines in the pastry as a guide to organize the apples.
- Cook Time: Cook for less time if you desire less of a crunch. If you want more of a crunch cook for longer.
- Servings: Makes 6 large servings or 12 smaller servings.
- And for those interested, my 9 oz ramekins are by The Pioneer Woman and can be found on Amazon. You can also find this set of 8 oz ramekins on Amazon as well.