This Honeycrisp Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce will get everyone talking. It literally tastes like an apple pie but better! It has a light, buttery, flaky crust, sweet crisp apples, a lot of cinnamon and sugar – because why not – and is drizzled with thick caramel sauce.
Ok, family and friends, Thanksgiving is just 6 short days away, and boy have I been crazy busy making a number of simple, yet delicious and decadent recipes for you to make this holiday season. I promise, this menu will be a major hit in your house!
I have all aspects covered for you, and everything includes simple ingredients, is easily executable and is delicious in flavor. There are a couple breakfast items, the main lunch, which includes sides and an easy yet flavorful dessert. And this Honeycrisp Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce is one of the breakfast items that can be played off as a dessert! It’s a two-for-one!😉
For my easy caramel sauce, please give this a try:
Honeycrisp Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar (linked below)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (slightly heaping)
- Vegan Caramel Sauce, for drizzling (linked below)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a small bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin, and add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg together and lightly brush it all over the pastry.
- Sprinkle most of the cinnamon sugar topping all over the puff pastry.
- Top with the apples in whatever pattern you desire.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar topping all over the apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
- Optional but highly recommended: vegan caramel sauce drizzle
- Apples/Puff Pastry: Use the lines in the pastry as a guide to organize the apples.
- Cook Time: Cook for less time if you desire less of a crunch. If you want more of a crunch cook for longer.
- Servings: Makes 6 large servings or 12 smaller servings.