This taco salad is made with juicy, slow cooker salsa chicken, romaine lettuce and topped with great things like sweet corn, black beans and avocado.
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1–2 Whole Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn, cooked
- 1–2 Avocados, pitted and sliced
- Nature Sweet Constellation Mini Colorful Tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh Cilantro, to taste
- ADOBO-LIME CREMA:
- 1 5.3 oz Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt Alternative, or Plain Yogurt of choice
- 2–3 tbsp Adobo Sauce from Chipotles Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 –1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice (dependant upon taste and the type of yogurt you use)
- Serve with: Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips
- Prep the lettuce: Chop the lettuce and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Make the crema: Add the yogurt, adobo sauce and lime juice to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Assemble the salad: Divide the salad among four large bowls. Top with the salsa chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and adobo-lime crema.
- Serve: Enjoy with a side of Siete tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: The slow cooker chicken is not included in this prep time.
- Romaine Lettuce: I purchase the large individual whole heads.
- Chicken: If the meat is pretty juicy, you may need to drain it just a bit before adding it to the taco salad.
- Leftovers: You can refrigerate the chicken in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or it freezes well.
- Category: Main Course, Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Beans and Legumes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Salad, Dairy-Free Recipe, Easy Chicken Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Healthy Mexican Recipes, Main Dish, Mexican Chicken, Poultry, Salad Recipes, Taco, Taco Recipes