Loaded Taco Salad Bowls with Salsa Chicken! This taco salad is made with juicy, slow cooker salsa chicken, romaine lettuce and topped with great things like sweet corn, black beans and avocado.
This taco salad is perfect for a quick dinner or a laid back weekend lunch. And, it is super easy to throw together. You can easily prep it ahead of time, taking all the ingredients–minus the meat, sauce and avocado–and add them to a large bowl with a tight fitting lid. (The meat and sauce can go in separate containers, and you will not want to cut the avocado until right before eating). That way, when you are ready, it’s super easy to grab and go.
Taco Salad Ingredients:
- Shredded salsa chicken
- Romaine lettuce
- Black beans
- Sweet corn
- Mini tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- Plain yogurt
- Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Fresh lime
Quick Notes on Preparation for these Loaded Taco Salad Bowls:
- Chicken – All you need is 10-15 minutes, assuming that the salsa chicken is already prepared, to have a fabulous taco salad dinner on the table. If there are any leftovers, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or it freezes well too. Here is The Best Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe.
- Yogurt Alternative – I have used a couple of different dairy-free brands. However, So Delicious works well for me. But, regardless of the one you use, be sure to get one that is plain in flavor. (And, just a heads up, if you get a dairy-free almond yogurt, you will most likely still taste the almond).
- Adobo Sauce – For this recipe, I use the sauce from one can of Chipotles Peppers in Adobo Sauce. Make sure to freeze the leftovers for another recipe like these Sweet-&-Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Tortilla Chips – Use your favorite brand, but Siete tortilla chips are a fantastic grain free option.
Here’s a fun party tip. You can make this meal into a festive taco salad bar for your next gathering! Just add all the ingredients to individual serving bowls, display a combination of different flavored chips and sauces, and serve with margaritas. The best part is that your guests can be a part of the experience and have fun making their own meal.
And, for more chicken recipes, please give these a try:
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Creamy Coconut Cilantro-Lime Chicken
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print