This Mediterranean Chicken Hummus bowl is filled with hummus, rice and crisp veggies like tomatoes, onion, cucumber and lettuce. It is then finished off with slices of juicy, grilled chicken that have been coated in Mediterranean spices.
- 3–4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil or Spray
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
- Brown Rice or Cauliflower Rice, cooked
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Nature Sweet Constellation Mini Colorful Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- Kalamata Olives
- Biena Salted Chickpeas or homemade, for topping
- Classic Homemade Hummus, or store bought
- Pita Bread or Naan, slightly warmed
- Preheat the grill: Preheat the grill on high heat for about 10 minutes. Turn down to medium-high right before placing the meat on the grill.
- Veggies: Prep all of your veggie ingredients and set aside.
- Prep the chicken: Spray or drizzle the chicken with avocado oil. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and evenly coat with basil, thyme and parsley.
- Cook: Grill on medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes per side, or less depending on the thickness of the chicken. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Rice: Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Assemble: Divide the rice among four bowls or plates. Surround the rice with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and cucumber. Dice the chicken last minute and add equal amounts to each bowl.
- Garnish: Top with hummus, Kalamata olives and chickpeas.
- Serve: Enjoy with a side of warm pita bread or naan.
- Seasonings: Just coat both sides of the chicken with a nice even layer of each spice.
- Grain: For this recipe, I like to use brown rice as it is filling and provides good fiber. However, if you’re looking for substitutions, feel free to use white rice, quinoa, or farro. If you can’t eat grains, please use cauliflower rice instead. All are fantastic options.
- Helpful Tip: You can prepare all of these ingredients ahead of time, and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use. (This would be a great recipe to meal prep and have on hand for a busy work week).
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Chicken Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Chicken Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Gluten-Free Recipes, Mediterranean, Summer, Summer Recipes