Mediterranean Chicken Hummus Bowls! This bowl is filled with hummus, rice and crisp veggies like tomatoes, onion, cucumber and lettuce. It is then finished off with slices of juicy, grilled chicken that have been coated in Mediterranean spices. This meal is perfect for lunch or dinner! And, if need be, you can omit the chicken for a more vegetarian friendly meal.
What You Will Need For These Bowls:
- Chicken – You can either grill or cook the chicken on the stovetop. In warm weather though, I love to take advantage of the grill. Plus, you really can’t pass up the taste the grill gives the chicken.
- Seasonings – The trio of basil, thyme and parsley make for a delicious blend. And, of course, don’t forget the salt and pepper. (I do not provide specific measurements below. No worries though, just coat both sides of the chicken with a nice even layer of each spice).
- Hummus – Homemade or store bought will work great here. However, if you have the time and want to make homemade my recipe is below. It is a very easy recipe! Just give yourself some extra time either the day you make this recipe, or make the hummus the night before. That way, you can easily prepare this chicken hummus bowl without wasting a lot of time. Here is my recipe for The Best Classic Homemade Hummus if you want to give it a try.
- Grain – For this recipe, I like to use brown rice as it is filling and provides good fiber. However, if you’re looking for substitutions, feel free to use white rice, quinoa, or farro. If you can’t eat grains, please use cauliflower rice instead. All are fantastic options.
- Vegetables – I love to add crisp romaine lettuce, and Mediterranean vegetables like onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Add-ons – The little goodies are the best part of the whole dish…at least for me they are! 😉 I like to finish each bowl with crispy chickpeas, Kalamata olives and a piece of warm naan. It just brings the dish together!
How To Assemble These Mediterranean Chicken Hummus Bowls:
- To a bowl or plate, add a good scoop or two of rice, and then, around the perimeter of the rice, add tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chicken, cucumber and onion. I like to add a dollop of hummus right on top and sprinkle some chickpeas and olives as well. Don’t forget to serve it with a piece of naan, which can be used for dipping.
- Helpful Tip: You can prepare all of these ingredients ahead of time, and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use. (This would be a great recipe to meal prep and have on hand for a busy work week). And again, if you don’t have time to make your own hummus, store bought works great.
And, for more delicious recipes, please give these a try:
- Roasted Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Loaded Taco Salad Bowls
- Turkey and Jalapeño Havarti Paninis
- Sausage & Artichoke Stuffed Shells
- Grilled Chile Lime Salmon with Nectarine Corn Salsa
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print