Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
This post contains affiliate links.
This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is velvety, lightly sweet and topped with crisp apple. It is a delicious vegetarian meal. And, it is perfect during the fall and the winter months.
I love a good soup! And during the holiday season, I especially love making soups that scream fall and winter. And my Creamy Butternut Squash Soup does just that!
I kind of think a lot of people are afraid of butternut squash, but it is such a versatile vegetable and it can be used in a myriad of ways. It has a creamy, velvety texture and it’s nice and earthy.
So I believe that keeping it as simple as possible is best, allowing the squash to really shine through. Simply paired with fresh sage and sweet apples, it’s a match made in Heaven. It’s unbelievably easy, but the flavors are complex.
Also, it’s simple enough for a family dinner, or elegant enough for a Friendsgiving or Christmas!
And, for more soup recipes, please give these a try:
- Spicy-Sweet Potato Bean Soup with Chicken
- Creamy Roasted-Poblano Potato Soup
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Creamy Potato Sausage and Kale Soup
- 30-Minute Chicken Chipotle Chili
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is velvety, lightly sweet and topped with crisp apple. It is a delicious vegetarian meal. And, it is perfect during the fall and winter months.
- 1 Butternut Squash, whole or cubed
- 48 oz Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth, low sodium
- 4 tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter
- 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Fresh Sage, chopped
- Honeycrisp Apples, chopped into bite size pieces (skin on)
- 8 oz Bel Gioioso Mascarpone Cheese, optional
- Squash: Cut squash in half, wrap both halves in waxed paper and put face down in the microwave. Cook for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. (For cubed: add to a large bowl with a little water and cover with saran wrap; cook for 10-15 minutes).
- Blend: Empty into a blender with some chicken broth and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat through: Transfer contents to a large pot over medium-low heat. Mix in the butter, sugar, and enough chicken broth for desired consistency and heat through. Add salt to taste.
- How to serve: Right before serving, add chopped sage, apples and a healthy dollop of mascarpone cheese.
- Butternut Squash: Get a whole one that is at least 3 lb., or 2-3 big containers of pre-chopped and de-skinned squash that is equivalent to 3 lb.
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Butternut Squash, Butternut Squash Soup, Healthy, Holiday Recipes, Recipes for a Crowd, Soup, Squash Recipes, Vegetable Soup, Vegetarian