Creamy Roasted-Poblano Potato Soup. This soup is velvety, creamy and mildly spicy! The poblanos are roasted, making them beautifully sweet and smoky, which is the best part of this soup. And, with every bite, there is a gentle lingering heat that you just can’t beat. It is delicious!
This soup does take some time to make, due to having to roast the peppers. However, it is definitely worth the time and effort spent.
- Rich in poblano flavor – spicy but subtly sweet on the back of the tongue
- A creamy, rich soup
- Dairy-free but you can’t tell that it is!
Ingredient Notes For This Creamy Roasted-Poblano Potato Soup:
- Poblano Peppers – These peppers are the star of the show! So do not skimp on this part. Look for poblanos that have a deep, dark green color. They are somewhat large and heart-shaped, and they are mild in flavor but, at times, can pack a lot of heat.
- Steam the peppers. You can either use a glass bowl and saran wrap or, a large Ziploc bag is great too.
- Remove the skin. They need to be roasted and peeled, before cooking, to remove the tough outer skin, which can be difficult to digest. Plus, roasting adds lots of great flavor!
- Be sure to also check out these fun Easy Stuffed Poblano Peppers (DF).
- Sour Cream – I use Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative in this soup. It tastes like the real deal too! However, if you choose to use real sour cream, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Helpful tip: Use room temperature sour cream. Remove from the fridge and let it sit on the counter while you prep all the other ingredients. This will produce a rich and creamy soup. Also, allowing the sour cream to come to room temperature, before adding it to the soup, will prevent it from curdling.
And, for more soup recipes, please give these a try:
- Spicy-Sweet Potato Bean Soup with Chicken
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Creamy Potato Sausage & Kale Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 30-Minute Chicken Chipotle Chili
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print