This Charred Lemon Broccoli is an easy side dish that everyone will love! It is roasted and charred to perfection, and pairs well with any meal.
How to Roast the Broccoli:
- What you will need: fresh broccoli, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and fresh lemon juice.
- Make sure to roast the florets until they are crisp-tender, and slightly charred on the outside. The charred edges are the absolute best!
- Garlic: Feel free to use the minced garlic from a jar or whole cloves. Either one will work here.
- Lemon juice: please don’t skimp on the fresh lemon juice. It provides such bright flavor!
- Tip: this Charred Lemon Broccoli is great as a side dish, or even as a stand alone lunch.
Charred Lemon Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lbs. Broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Large Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lemon juice, and toss until the florets are well coated.
- Arrange the florets, in a single layer, on a large baking sheet lined with foil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast, without stirring, until cooked and the edges are crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Cook Time: If you want a more intense char, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and roast for 20-25 minutes.