Christmas Cranberry Mimosas! Celebrate by starting the morning off with this festive holiday cocktail. It’s a fun twist on the traditional and features orange juice and tart cranberry juice.
Here are the Key Essentials to Making a Traditional Mimosa:
- Ingredients – Use one part orange juice, and one part champagne, which is about two and a half ounces each.
- Champagne type – Purchase either a true Champagne, preferably Brut, or try to find a Cava or a dry Prosecco. To be honest though, Cava and Prosecco are less-expensive options.
- Note: There are three types of Prosecco: sparkling, semi-sparkling or still. If you use Prosecco, make sure to get sparkling.
- Juice types – The best types of juice to include in this drink are: orange, cranberry, blood orange, grapefruit, pineapple, pomegranate or blackberry juices.
- Fruit types – The best fruit pairings to include are: orange slices, raspberries or strawberries.
The Number of Mimosas in a Bottle of Sparkling Wine:
- In every standard bottle (750 ml), you can make 6-8 mimosas.
Appropriate Stemware For Mimosas:
- Since sparkling wine is involved, mimosas are traditionally served in champagne flutes, which helps to preserve the bubbles and dry taste of the wine.
- Use classic stemmed glasses or stemless glasses.
How to Make these Christmas Cranberry Mimosas:
- For this holiday cocktail, I add about one ounce of real cranberry juice, 3-4 fresh cranberries and one fresh rosemary sprig. The smell of the rosemary just enhances the overall flavors of the drink, but doesn’t change it.
If you are interested in another fun mimosa recipe, click here for my Apple Cider Mimosa.
And, for more cranberry recipes, please give these a try:
- Cranberry Almond Cake (GF & DF)
- Cranberry-Orange Twists with Orange Icing
- Holiday Simmering Pot
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- These Stemless Champagne Flutes Set of 4 are from World Market.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.