Christmas Cranberry Mimosas! Celebrate by starting the morning off with this festive holiday cocktail. It’s a fun twist on the traditional and features orange juice and tart cranberry juice.
Here are the key essentials to making a traditional mimosa:
- Ingredients – Use one part orange juice, and one part champagne, which is about two and a half ounces each.
- Champagne type – Purchase either a true Champagne, preferably Brut, or try to find a Cava or a dry Prosecco. To be honest though, Cava and Prosecco are less-expensive options.
- Note: there are three types of Prosecco: sparkling, semi-sparkling or still. If you use Prosecco, make sure to get sparkling.
- Juice types – The best types of juice to include in this drink are: orange, cranberry, blood orange, grapefruit, pineapple, pomegranate or blackberry juices.
- Fruit types – The best fruit pairings to include are: orange slices, raspberries or strawberries.
The number of mimosas in a bottle of sparkling wine:
- In every standard bottle (750 ml), you can make 6-8 mimosas.
Appropriate stemware for mimosas:
- Since sparkling wine is involved, mimosas are traditionally served in champagne flutes, which helps to preserve the bubbles and dry taste of the wine.
- Use classic stemmed glasses or stemless glasses.
How to make these Christmas Cranberry Mimosas:
- For this holiday cocktail, I add about one ounce of real cranberry juice, 3-4 fresh cranberries and one fresh rosemary sprig. The smell of the rosemary just enhances the overall flavors of the drink, but doesn’t change it.
And for more cranberry recipes, please give these a try:
- Holiday Simmering Pot
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry-Orange Twists with Powdered Sugar Icing
Christmas Cranberry Mimosas
- 1 (750 mL) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 1 jug Orange Juice
- 1 32 oz jar R. W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice, unsweetened
- Fresh Cranberries, for garnish
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
- To a champagne flute, add about two ounces of orange juice, and two ounces of prosecco. Top off with cranberry juice and stir. Garnish with 3-4 fresh cranberries and rosemary, and serve.
- Prosecco and Orange Juice: Regardless of the glass you use, just make sure to add equal parts prosecco to orange juice.
- Wine: Feel free to use prosecco, champagne or other sparkling white wine.
- These Stemless Champagne Flutes Set of 4 are from World Market.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Also, the Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls by Chrissy Teigen can be found at Target, or this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon as well.