Christmas Cranberry Mimosas! Celebrate by starting the morning off with this festive holiday cocktail. It’s a fun twist on the traditional and features orange juice and tart cranberry juice.
Here are the key essentials to making a traditional mimosa:
- Ingredients: Use one part orange juice, and one part champagne, which is about two and a half ounces each.
- Champagne type: Purchase either a true Champagne, preferably Brut, or try to find a Cava or a dry Prosecco. To be honest though, Cava and Prosecco are less-expensive options.
- Note: there are three types of Prosecco: sparkling, semi-sparkling or still. If you use Prosecco, make sure to get sparkling.
- Juice types: The best types of juice to include in this drink are: orange, cranberry, blood orange, grapefruit, pineapple, pomegranate or blackberry juices.
- Fruit types: The best fruit pairings to include are: orange slices, raspberries or strawberries.
The number of mimosas in a bottle of sparkling wine:
- In every standard bottle (750 ml), you can make 6-8 mimosas.
Appropriate stemware for mimosas:
- Since sparkling wine is involved, mimosas are traditionally served in champagne flutes, which helps to preserve the bubbles and dry taste of the wine.
- Use classic stemmed glasses or stemless glasses.
How to make these Christmas Cranberry Mimosas:
- For this holiday cocktail, I add about one ounce of real cranberry juice, 3-4 fresh cranberries and one fresh rosemary sprig. The smell of the rosemary just enhances the overall flavors of the drink, but doesn’t change it.
Christmas Cranberry Mimosas
- 1 (750 mL) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 1 jug Orange Juice
- 1 32 oz jar R. W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice, unsweetened
- Fresh Cranberries, for garnish
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
- To a champagne flute, add about two ounces of orange juice, and two ounces of prosecco. Top off with cranberry juice and stir. Garnish with 3-4 fresh cranberries and rosemary, and serve.
- Prosecco and Orange Juice: Regardless of the glass you use, just make sure to add equal parts prosecco to orange juice.
- Wine: Feel free to use prosecco, champagne or other sparkling white wine.
And for more cranberry recipes, please give these a try:
- Holiday Simmering Pot
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry-Orange Twists with Powdered Sugar Icing
NOTE: The Stemless Champagne Flutes Set of 4 are from World Market. The Artisinal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond. Also, the Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls by Chrissy Teigen can be found at Target, or this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon as well.