Herb Crusted Cornish Game Hens are the star of my 2018 Thanksgiving menu! I promise you, everyone will be blown away at the attention to detail, and the personal touches to their individual entrées.
My goal with this dish was to utilize as much freshness as possible! So I stuffed these Herb Crusted Cornish Game Hens with orange and lemon segments, whole garlic cloves, and some small herb sprigs. Then I slathered the outside of these babies with a rosemary and lemon thyme butter.
Let me tell you…. THESE ARE SO YUMMY! And loaded with tons of glorious flavors.
Check out my full 2018 Thanksgiving Menu Guide here.
Herb Crusted Cornish Game Hens
- 2 Cornish Game Hens
- 4 tbsp Miyoko's Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, unsalted (linked below)
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1/2 Navel Orange, divided
- 1/2 Lemon, divided
- Roasting Pan
- Kitchen Twine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dry the skin of the Cornish Hens by patting with paper towels. (Make sure to do this step thoroughly or the herb butter won’t stick as well).
- To a small bowl, add the butter, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Brush or rub the mixture all over the hens - outside and underneath the skin.
- Add 1/4 of an orange segment, 1/4 of an lemon segment, 2 Garlic cloves, and a small sprig of rosemary and thyme to each of the hen cavities. Truss (tie the legs together).
- Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 1 hour or until juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with a meat thermometer and it reaches 165 degrees F.
- To brown the skin, increase the temperature to 400 degrees F during the last 10 minutes.
- The Mikasa Stemless Wine Glasses are from Bed Bath and Beyond.