This goodie came to be in the most random of ways… Truly! For a quick lunch or even a little snack, I like to grab some store bought rotisserie chicken, hummus and naan out of the fridge to munch on. Just 3 simple ingredients is all it takes.
And over this past summer – as I sat in my kitchen having this exact lunch – I thought to myself what can I add to this to make it that much more appealing. In that moment, I saw my garden zucchini. And that, along with the thought of roasted veggies and pesto, brought this plate to life.
The great thing is, all these ingredients are things you can easily get your hands on. Frozen sweet corn, baby tomatoes, and frozen zucchini (that you hopefully flash froze before you took down your garden) or, in my case the garden I still have going… 🙂
It’s super simple, and my family absolutely loves it. Micah even asked, “How in the world did you come up with this? I just love it! I think I might want it for my birthday lunch!” He has even told me to invite his friends over so they can try it too. HA! Not only did his comments make my heart smile, but seriously… So good that he wants it for his birthday lunch?!? Umm, that’s a BIG winner in my book!
Warm Rotisserie Chicken And Veggie Pesto Naan Stackers
- 6 mini Tandoor Baked Naan
- Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 half breast Rotisserie Chicken, chopped
- 2 tbsp Basil Pesto
- 1 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 2 handfuls Mini Tomatoes, halved
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place veggies in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add enough olive oil to coat the veggies, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes, or until tender.
- During this time, you can prep the chicken and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add basil pesto and roasted vegetables, and stir well to combined.
- Warm the naan flatbreads in the oven, and then spread each with a generous amount of hummus.
- Top with rotisserie chicken and load them up with roasted veggies.
- Sit back and enjoy!