***This post is made in collaboration with 505 Southwestern®. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
These Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings are a great game day or party appetizer, or just an easy dinner! They are a fun mix of spicy and sweet, are baked in the oven for convenience, and have the perfect crispy crust. They are so addicting!
- Crispy and juicy baked chicken wings
- Perfectly sweet and spicy
- A great appetizer for game day, movie night or any gathering
- Chicken – You can use chicken wings, drummettes or both! Depending on space, you may have to cook them in batches. And let’s talk serving size…the recipe shows that it serves four. Since these wings are so addicting, it may only feed two people. (The men in my house devoured these, and could honestly eat more).
- Arrowroot – This is a great ingredient to use to get a nice, crispy crust. If you don’t have this just use cornstarch. Nonetheless, this step is a MUST, so do not ignore it. Also, start out by using one tablespoon. If you need to add some more, add up to an additional 1/2 tablespoon. (I would recommend 1 tablespoon per 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of wings).
- Jalapeño Pepper – Feel free to make these wings as spicy as you want. I love a nice sweet versus heat balance though, so I try not to go overboard here. I use 5 but you can add a bit more. (To get that heat, make sure to leave the rib in with the peppers when blending).
- 505 Southwestern® – The Pineapple Mango Jalapeño Salsa is perfect for this recipe. I wanted an ingredient that was simple yet one that would give my wings a great pop of flavor. This salsa does just that! All you need to do is throw it into a blender with some fresh lime juice, and extra peppers and you have the perfect wing sauce. It doesn’t get any easier than that. (You can also use this as a dipping sauce or as a glaze).
How To Get Crispy Wings In The Oven:
- As you start to prep, pull the wings out of the fridge and let them rest on the counter so they cook more evenly.
- To get crispy wings, you need to pat them dry as best you can. Once they are dry, toss them with a bit of arrowroot or cornstarch. (Do not use too much thickener, or you will end up with a gummy wing. No one wants that).
- Toss the wings well. Each piece needs to be lightly coated.
- Let the cooked wings rest for a couple of minutes before tossing in the sauce.
How To Serve:
- If desired, serve the wings with the leftover pineapple mango jalapeño sauce for dipping.
Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings are perfectly addicting! So be sure to pick up a jar of 505SW™, the next time you’re at the store, and whip up a batch yourself. They will become your new favorite, easy wing recipe.
For more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
- Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile
- Layered Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Huevos Rancheros with Green Chile
- The Best Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- 2.5-3 lb. Chicken Wings Drummettes
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 - 1 ½ tbsp Arrowroot or Cornstarch
- PINEAPPLE MANGO JALAPEÑO SAUCE:
- 1 18 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Pineapple Mango Jalapeño Salsa, medium (linked below)
- 5 - 8 Fresh Jalapeño Peppers, roughly diced
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towel. Add to a large bowl and season with salt.
- Toss the wings in arrowroot or cornstarch and then arrange, in a single layer, on a rack over a foil covered baking sheet.
- Bake the wings for 40-50 minutes, turning after 30 minutes.
- While the wings are baking make the sauce. To a food processor, add the Pineapple Mango Jalapeño Salsa, jalapeños and lime juice, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and let them rest for a couple of minutes before tossing in the sauce.
- To a large bowl, toss the wings in the sauce.
- Enjoy right away!
- These Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls by Chrissy Teigen can be found at Target, or this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon.
- This large Marble & Wood Cheese Board is from Williams Sonoma.
- And the Dry Wax Paper Deli Wrap is also from Amazon.
*Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.