Watermelon-Caprese Salad with Espresso Balsamic! This fruit salad is a fun twist on the classic Caprese salad that’s perfect for summer.
I’m a warm weather girl through and through! And not to brag, but we get over 300 + days of sunshine a year here in Colorado and it’s absolutely glorious. As you can imagine, I live for summertime!
Just think…. Hot days, chillin’ at the lake, backyard BBQ’s, sweet tea and lemonade, and all the freshest produce you can get your hands on… Now that’s SUMMER!
Details on this Watermelon-Caprese Salad with Espresso Balsamic:
With that said, I’m a lover of fruits and veggies, and I always have a variety on hand at home. So during the summer, I love to make a fun twist on the classic Caprese that’s perfect for those warm weather days. It’s sweet and creamy and drizzled with one of the most amazing things on the planet — Espresso Balsamic! Now you’re probably thinking, coffee, really?!? To be honest though, it’s a nice, subtle coffee flavor but with a fun, tangy kick in the back of your throat. I’m telling you, I love this Balsamic so much, I can literally eat it with just a spoon. SERIOUSLY. I promise, it will become your new favorite ingredient, and this Watermelon-Caprese Salad with Espresso Balsamic will make your go-to salad list every summer.
I bought this delicious Espresso Balsamic and many others from the Creede Olive Oil Company in Creede, Colorado. They have amazing products! So, if you want to replicate this recipe with the same balsamic shown here, just click on one of the links listed and it will take you directly to the website.
Fun Fact on Creede and This Balsamic:
Here’s a bit of cool trivia for you on this fine day. A portion of the movie, The Lone Ranger was filmed in Creede, CO. How cool is that?!? Even Johnny Depp has purchased from this store as well.
For more fun summer recipes, please give these a try:
- Summer Peach Whiskey Mule
- Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos
- Roasted Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch
Watermelon-Caprese Salad with Espresso Balsamic
- 1 medium Watermelon, cubed into bite size pieces
- Bel Gioioso Fresh Mozzarella Ball (cubed) or Feta Crumbles
- Fresh Mint, torn or cut into strips
- Espresso Balsamic, drizzled lightly on top
- Cut your watermelon down into bite size pieces, and add to your individual bowls.
- Add to taste, the fresh mozzarella or feta crumbles and fresh mint.
- Top off with a light drizzle of Espresso Balsamic.
- Cheese: I alternate between these two cheeses for this salad. It just depends on what I have in my fridge at the time though. But, I do generally use fresh mozzarella.
- If using fresh mozzarella, make sure to gently blot the cheese with a paper towel before cutting.
* Love this recipe? Be sure to save it to Pinterest by clicking the pin it button on a photo, or the share button at the bottom of the post.