Apple-Plum Pork Chops with Herbs
This post contains affiliate links.
Make these easy and delicious Apple-Plum Pork Chops with Herbs in under 30 minutes! The flavors of the apples, plums and pork chops are greatly enhanced by the sage and thyme combo, and provide an elevated feel to your dinner. Everyone will love it.
Ok, here is a fun apple recipe coming your way. Even though apple season is typically as early as July – through late November. Peak season is September and October. However, due to a global marketplace there are fresh apples available year round.
So it’s safe to say, you can enjoy this recipe during the height of the fall season, or for a fun date night dinner during another part of the year. You could even try these Apple-Plum Pork Chops with Herbs out on your picky kids. You just might be surprised! 😉
And if you’ve never prepared pork chops at home before, have no fear, my recipe is easy to follow and calls for simple ingredients.
Ingredient Notes For These Apple-Plum Pork Chops:
- Prep Time – This includes preparing the pork chops, fruit/herbs and searing the chops on the stovetop.
- Pork Chops – I like to rub the chops with about 4 or 5 sage leaves and 2 thyme sprigs, because it really locks in the flavors.
- Apples – I use 1 1/2 of two large apples. If you use small apples, using both are perfect.
- Sage & Thyme – I add a good 3-5 julienned leaves of sage and a couple sprigs of thyme to the apple-plum sauce while it cooks on the stovetop. Why? Because, you want to continue to layer the flavors.
- Skillet – If you don’t have a cast iron skillet that is fine. Any heavy skillet will do the trick.
And, for more elegant dinner options, please give these a try:
- Herb-Crusted Cornish Game Hens
- Shrimp & Spicy Tomatoes over Polenta
- Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Apple-Plum Pork Chops with Herbs
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These Apple-Plum Pork Chops with sage and lemon thyme come together in under 30 minutes. This dish is elegant and delicious and everyone will love it.
- 4 8 oz each Thick Chops, Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Chops Thick
- 1–2 Honeycrisp Apples, medium sliced
- 2 Plums, medium sliced
- Fresh Sage
- Fresh Lemon Thyme
- 4 tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter (divided)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Nutmeg, just a sprinkle
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil nonstick cooking spray.
- Pork: Rub both sides of the pork chops with large, torn pieces of fresh sage and a thyme sprig; season liberally with pepper and salt.
- Sear: In a large cast iron skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the chops and sear for 2-3 minutes, per side, until nicely golden brown. (Make sure the pan is hot!)
- Roast: Place the chops on a baking sheet and roast until the pork is cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 140 degrees F; about 12-15 minutes.
- Fruit: Return the skillet to medium-high heat and melt the remaining 2 tbsp butter. Add the apples, plums, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and more sage and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until apples and plums begin to soften; about 3 minutes.
- Stir: Add in the maple syrup, stirring often, until the sauce thickens; about 5 minutes.
- Put it together: Drizzle the apple-plum sauce over the pork chops and serve immediately. Garnish with a bit more thyme if desired.
- If possible, use all organic ingredients.
- Prep Time: This includes preparing the pork chops, fruit/herbs and searing the chops on the stovetop.
- Pork Chops: Rub the chops with about 4 or 5 sage leaves and 2 thyme sprigs.
- Apples: I use 1 1/2 of two large apples. If you use small apples, using both are perfect.
- Sage & Thyme: I add a good 3-5 julienned leaves of sage and a couple sprigs of thyme to the apple-plum sauce while it cooks on the stovetop.
- Skillet: If you don’t have a cast iron skillet that is fine. Any heavy skillet will do the trick.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Recipes, Dairy-Free, Easy Main Dish, Fall, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Herbs, Main Dish, Plum Recipes, Pork, Pork Chop, Pork Recipes
- My White Textured Ceramic Dinnerware is available at World Market.
My mom always made apples with her pork chops. And I cook with apples year round too. Great recipe!
Yes girl! They definitely class up a dish.
I am all about apples with pork chops! And I love the addition of plums in this, I would definitely be down for this anytime of year 🙂
Me too. It’s so fancy! The plums and thyme really transform and elevate this dish.
Ooooh! This looks great. I will save it for fall – or the next time I’m feeling cozy!
Ohhh great idea! It’s such a yummy meal during the fall, or for a fun date night.
I love a thick cut pork chop, and this meal definitely doesn’t disappoint. All the flavors work so well together.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it.