Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette! This delicious vegetarian salad is great for an easy lunch or dinner. It includes things like sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives, which make for the perfect bite. This recipe also features an easy and healthy vinaigrette that takes just minutes to make.
- Salad packed with Mediterranean flare
- Is a great vegetarian option
- Is rich in protein
- A healthy, homemade lemon-herb vinaigrette
- You can enjoy this salad as a main dish or as a side salad
Health Benefits of This Mediterranean Salad:
Did you know???
- Arugula – Is rich in antioxidants.
- Quinoa – This carbohydrate is rich in protein, fiber, B vitamins and minerals. Quinoa is a great plant-based protein option for vegetarians and vegans.
- Garbanzo Beans – These beans add extra protein and fiber.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Is a healthy fat.
Ingredient Notes For This Quinoa Salad:
- Prep – You can cook the quinoa in advance, then prep all the other ingredients and store them in individual containers until you’re ready to assemble. (If you are interested, below the recipe card, I share a link to my favorite glass containers).
- Quinoa – A serving size is 1/4 cup of dry quinoa. So, for a family of four, that is a total of 1 cup. However, if that is too much, just cut it by half. (FYI: I do cut it in half in my recipe card).
- Greens – I use arugula, but you can use spinach or a combo of the two as well.
- Tomatoes – Either sundried tomatoes or mini fresh tomatoes will work here. I love the taste and texture of the sundried though.
- Kalamata Olives – I use these olives because of their nice briny bite.
- Dried Thyme & Rosemary – These herbs provide great earthiness and flavor to the dressing, and pair so well together. Please don’t skip this part.
- Pro Tip: Rub these herbs in between your fingers to release the oils and mellow the herbs.
- Vinaigrette – This dressing can be prepared in advance. If so, remove from the fridge and let it sit out on the counter for awhile before using. This just allows it to come to room temperature, which makes it easier to mix up again.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is hearty, yet light and delicious and I just love it! I hope you love it too!
And, for more salad recipes, please give these a try:
- Strawberry Lentil Salad with Greens
- Stone-Fruit Peach Caprese Salad
- Peach Cilantro Farro Salad
- Hearty Autumn-Harvest Salad with Apples
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print