I’ve had a pretty hard time posting this recipe… I shot this a good couple of weeks ago, at least, and it has just been sitting on my computer taking up space. It’s like I’ve almost been afraid to push the publish button on this post, because it’s one of the last, if not the last summer recipe. It’s kinda like my bookend to this season.
So if you’re in the same boat as me this week, and still not ready to say good-bye to summer, here’s yet another grilled goodie. These Herbed Garlic Grilled Pork Chops are definitely one you’ll want to show off to your friends and family.
I love herbs and I love playing around with different combinations, so that’s how these chops came to be. The marinade is pretty straight-forward, and the flavor that comes together from all the different herbs is ridiculously good!
Herbed Garlic Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 Thick Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, julienned
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sweet Mint, julienned
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, julienned
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- To a bowl, add the EVOO, minced garlic, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
- To a Ziploc bag, add the chops and the marinade. Massage each chop with the marinade and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Warm the gas grill up on hot for about 10 mins. Turn down to about medium-low, and add the pork chops. Cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Next, turn the grill up to medium, medium-high, and move the chops to the upper grill; cooking for another 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill, cover with foil and rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve as they are, with tacos, or in a rice bowl with your favorite sautéed veggies.