Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos! These tacos are filled with flaky fish, a cilantro-lime slaw and finished with fresh avocado, mango and crisp jicama. Fresh and flavorful – it’s the perfect bite.
These tacos are super easy to make and, even though it’s a grilling recipe, I do provide a broiler option as well. The breakdown is below.
Options For The Best Chili-Lime Fish Tacos:
- I use tilapia for this recipe but you can also use catfish, bass, red snapper, rainbow trout, or branzino. To find out more about each fish please click here.
- Don’t forget to let it marinade! I use olive oil, fresh lime juice, honey, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Just combine it all in a bag, add the fish, massage it a bit, and let it rest in the fridge for a good 30 minutes or so. Letting those flavors soak in is key!
- For this taco recipe, I love to slightly char some white corn tortillas. However, you can use flour, low-carb or these grain-free tortillas.
- Servings – Generally, one corn tortilla per taco. But, there are times, to make it that much more filling, we will use two tortillas per taco.
Slaw & Toppings:
- Cabbage – Red cabbage is a great addition to these tacos! It is mild and earthy in flavor and the leaves are tender when raw. (If you can’t find red cabbage, you can substitute green cabbage or napa cabbage).
- Helpful tip – If you’re not interested in buying a whole cabbage, certain grocery stores are willing to cut it for you. That way, there is no waste and you buy only what you need. 🙂
- Toppings – Mango, avocado and jicama – the trio of all trios! It’s a little sweet, creamy and crisp all in one bite!
- Jicama – Remove the tough, brown peel and cut the white flesh into matchsticks or cubes. It can be eaten raw or cooked, but I prefer raw for this recipe to give the dish some texture and “bite.” And, for those that are unfamiliar with the taste, the flesh is crunchy and juicy, with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor.
And, what if you can’t grill? No problem! Just pan fry or broil the fish. Preheat your oven on high broil, place the top rack 5-6 inches from the heat source, and cook the fish for 8-10 minutes.
How To Assemble These Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos:
- Cut each tilapia fillet into two equal pieces. Top each tortilla with a piece of fish, and add some slaw and toppings. Finish them off with some additional cilantro. Enjoy right away!
And, for more taco recipes to enjoy, please give these a try:
- Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
- The Best Chimichurri Flank Steak Tacos
- Chipotle Honey Chicken Tacos (Slow Cooker)
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- This Better Homes & Gardens Rectangle Tray is available at Walmart and is an in-store purchase only.
- Lastly, my White Textured Stoneware can be found at World Market.