This salad is yet another goodie my sister and I whipped up while she stayed with me for a week. It was the easiest, no-fuss, makes you feel good type of lunch! And, it took no time at all to throw together. Now that’s the type of lunch I want!
This salad bowl is chocked full with superfoods. And the taste is on point!
Let me give you the breakdown:
The kale is low in calories and high in fiber, the quinoa is naturally gluten-free and is a great source of protein and fiber, the blueberries are rich with antioxidants, and the avocado provides crucial healthy fats.
Now that is a tasty and powerful salad. I win… I win all day with this salad, and so will you!
*Little note for those wondering: the lemon was used for a homemade salad dressing. We were experimenting that day!*
Blueberry, Avocado and Kale Superfood Salad
- 1 large bunch Kale, chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1-2 Avocados, pitted and diced
- Quinoa, washed and cooked
- Goat Cheese or Feta Crumbles, to taste
- Slivered Almonds, to taste
- Wash and prepare the Quinoa according to package directions. While this is cooking, prep all your other ingredients.
- Add the chopped kale, blueberries and avocado to your individual bowls, or to one large serving bowl.
- Once it has cooled, add a generous amount of quinoa. Sprinkle cheese and slivered almonds on top.
- Drizzle with a light salad dressing. Toss and serve.