Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe is a super simple side dish that’s full of bright, zippy flavors. Best of all it pairs perfectly with any Mexican or Southwestern dish, such as burritos, tacos, taco salad, nachos, or even in burrito bowls. And bonus, it is unbelievably easy to make at home!
Essentials Needed For This Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe:
- Long grain white rice – make sure to rinse it first so the finished product isn’t so sticky. You could also use brown rice in this recipe.
- Hot water – just ensures a faster boil.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – I use a good pinch but adjust to your liking.
- This salt is rich in minerals and contains all 84 essential trace elements required by your body.
- Check out this article, if you’re looking for a healthy salt alternative. 9 Different Kinds of Salt: Which Is The Healthiest?
- Fresh lime juice – for the absolute best flavor, only use fresh juice in this recipe.
- Cilantro – use only fresh cilantro, because dried will give this an entirely different flavor.
So here is my version of Chipotle’s popular Cilantro-Lime rice. Check it out below.
And, for recipes to pair with this rice, please give these a try:
- DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Grilled Salmon With Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
- Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos
Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe
- 1 bag Mahatma Jasmine Long Grain White Rice
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice and zest
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely minced
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups hot water to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of rice and a pinch of salt, and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the lime juice, zest and cilantro and fluff with a fork.
- Serve immediately.