This Apple Cider Mimosa is such a fun cocktail for the fall and winter months. It is crisp and refreshing, and contains just a couple of ingredients, which makes it perfect for a fall brunch or holiday party.
Below, I share what you need to know about a traditional mimosa and then I go over the recipe.
Here Are The Key Essentials To Making A Traditional Mimosa:
- Ingredients – Use one part orange juice, and one part champagne, which is about two and a half ounces each.
- Champagne type – Purchase either a true Champagne, preferably Brut, or try to find a Cava or dry Prosecco. To be honest though, Cava and Prosecco are less-expensive options.
- Note: there are three types of Prosecco: sparkling, semi-sparkling or still. If you use Prosecco, make sure to get sparkling.
- Juice types – The best types of juice to include in this drink are: orange, cranberry, blood orange, grapefruit, pineapple, pomegranate or blackberry juices.
- Fruit types – The best fruit pairings to include are: orange slices, raspberries or strawberries.
The Number Of Mimosas In A Bottle Of Sparkling Wine:
- In every standard bottle (750 ml), you can make 6-8 mimosas.
How To Make This Apple Cider Mimosa:
- For this specific cocktail, I add two and a half ounces or so of apple cider, one apple slice and one half of a fresh rosemary sprig. The smell of the rosemary just enhances the overall flavors of the drink, but doesn’t change it.
- NOTE: If you want a sweeter mimosa, add a bit more apple cider. And if you want it less sweet, just add more prosecco.
If you are interested in another fun mimosa recipe, click here for my Christmas Cranberry Mimosas.
And for more holiday recipes, please give these a try:
- Beautiful Autumn Charcuterie Board
- Hearty Autumn-Harvest Salad with Apples
- Creamy Potato, Sausage and Kale Soup
- Maple Pecan Pie Bars
Apple Cider Mimosa
- 1 jug Apple Cider, chilled
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple, slices for garnish
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
- To a champagne flute, add two and a half ounces of apple cider, and two and a half ounces of prosecco and stir. Garnish with an apple slice and rosemary, and serve.
- Wine: Feel free to use prosecco, champagne or other sparkling white wine.
- These Stemless Champagne Flutes Set of 4 are from World Market.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.