Summer Fruit Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
This post contains affiliate links.
Summer Fruit Crumble Bars! These fruit bars are loaded with fresh raspberries, strawberry spread, bright lemon zest and crunchy almonds, and are sandwiched between two layers of buttery crumb topping. The best part is these babies are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. So you feel no guilt…which means you can have at least three! 😉 They are great as is or served with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla bean ice cream.
These bars are perfect for just about any occasion as well. Considering they are so easy to make, you’ll want to whip these up at least once a week. Seriously, they are simple and they are GOOD!
Here Are Some Pointers For My Summer Fruit Crumble Bars:
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats – What a great brand this is. Plus, I love their gluten-free products as well.
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour – Here is another goodie. I use this flour on a daily basis now, because I want to stay away from processed white flour. This gluten free oat flour contains the same nutrition as their old fashioned oats, which provides fiber and protein.
- Be sure to check out these products and much more at Bob’s Red Mill®.
- Miyoko’s Creamery ®European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Hint of Sea Salt – This butter is 100% crafted from plants. Plus it melts, spread, browns, bakes and tastes like butter. For me, this is a great alternative because it is lactose free, gluten-free and contains no dairy. Oh yay!
- Crofter’s Strawberry Spread – I love this brand. The main ingredient is organic strawberries and it tastes like summer in a jar.
- Almonds – These nuts are optional, but I think these fruit bars taste much better with them than without.
Overall, just have fun with this recipe! If you do not have gluten-free products, or do not want to try vegan butter that is okay. I have made this recipe with regular products and it’s just as good.
And, for more fun strawberry recipes, please give these a try:
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberries
- Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Lentil Salad with Greens
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Summer Fruit Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Inactive Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 20 servings 1x
These fruit bars are loaded with fresh raspberries, strawberry spread, bright lemon zest and crunchy almonds, and are sandwiched between two layers of buttery crumb topping. They are great as is or served with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla bean ice cream.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) Miyoko’s Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Hint of Sea Salt Butter (cold and cubed)
- RASPBERRY-STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 12 oz Fresh Raspberries, washed and patted dry (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon, zested
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Premium Spread
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make the crumble: In a food processor, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and pulse until the oats are mostly broken down. Add the cold butter and pulse until a crumbly topping forms.
- Bake: Press about ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Transfer it to the oven and bake the crust for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Fruit filling: During this time, prepare the fruit filling. In a medium bowl, add the raspberries, lemon zest and vanilla extract and toss to coat.
- Smear the fruit spread: With a spoon, gently smear the strawberry spread evenly over the crust making sure to leave a small border. (Don’t press too hard or it will rip the crust).
- Add berries and nuts: Evenly distribute the berries over the strawberry spread, and top with the sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the topping: Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the fruit filling. (I like to gently press it down).
- Finish baking: Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until the crumble topping is light golden brown and the berries are slightly bubbling on the edges.
- Cool: Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Next, transfer the bars along with the parchment paper to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baking, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Baking, Fruit, Fruit Dessert Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Raspberry, Strawberry, Vegan Recipes
- The Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Premium Spread that I use is from Amazon.
- This similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls or these Terracotta Pinch Bowls are a best seller and can also be found on Amazon as well.