Summer Fruit Crumble Bars! These fruit bars are loaded with fresh raspberries, strawberry spread, bright lemon zest and crunchy almonds, and are sandwiched between two layers of buttery crumb topping. The best part is these babies are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. So you feel no guilt…which means you can have at least three! 😉 They are great as is or served with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla bean ice cream.
These bars are perfect for just about any occasion as well. Considering they are so easy to make, you’ll want to whip these up at least once a week. Seriously, they are simple and they are GOOD!
Here Are Some Pointers For My Summer Fruit Crumble Bars:
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats – What a great brand this is. Plus, I love their gluten-free products as well.
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour – Here is another goodie. I use this flour on a daily basis now, because I want to stay away from processed white flour. This gluten free oat flour contains the same nutrition as their old fashioned oats, which provides fiber and protein.
- Miyoko’s Creamery ®European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Hint of Sea Salt – This butter is 100% crafted from plants. Plus it melts, spread, browns, bakes and tastes like butter. For me, this is a great alternative because it is lactose free, gluten-free and contains no dairy. Oh yay!
- Crofter’s Strawberry Spread – I love this brand. The main ingredient is organic strawberries and it tastes like summer in a jar.
- Almonds – These nuts are optional, but I think these fruit bars taste much better with them than without.
- FYI: If you are interested, the product links are shown beneath the recipe card.
Overall, just have fun with this recipe! If you do not have gluten-free products, or do not want to try vegan butter that is okay. I have made this recipe with regular products and it’s just as good. So please let me know what you think of these fruit bars in the comments below.
And for more fun strawberry recipes, please check these out:
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberries
- Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding
Summer Fruit Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) Miyoko's Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Hint of Sea Salt *cold and cubed* (linked below)
- RASPBERRY-STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 12 oz Fresh Raspberries, washed and patted dry (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon, zested
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Crofter's Organic Strawberry Premium Spread
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prep the crumble. In a food processor, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and pulse until the oats are mostly broken down. Add the cold butter and pulse until a crumbly topping forms.
- Press about ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Transfer it to the oven and bake the crust for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- During this time, prepare the fruit filling. In a medium bowl, add the raspberries, lemon zest and vanilla extract and toss to coat.
- With a spoon, gently smear the strawberry spread evenly over the crust making sure to leave a small border. (Don't press too hard or it will rip the crust).
- Evenly distribute the berries over the strawberry spread, and top with the sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the fruit filling. (I like to gently press it down).
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until the crumble topping is light golden brown and the berries are slightly bubbling on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Next, transfer the bars along with the parchment paper to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- All of the items shown below can be found on Amazon.
- The Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Premium Spread and the Parchment Paper that I use.
- The Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats is available in a one-pack or a four-pack.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour is available in a four-pack or a two-pack.
- This similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls or these Terracotta Pinch Bowls are a best seller.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.