Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding! This pudding is not your typical chia pudding. Two pounds of fresh strawberries are roasted with wildflower honey, which gives the fruit a rich and concentrated flavor. The fruit is puréed and then mixed with coconut milk, vanilla, a dash of sea salt and chia seeds. Once the pudding has set, just top it with your favorite fresh berries and go. So the next time you have an overabundance of strawberries, give this roasted chia pudding a try. It’s perfection!
This chia pudding only takes about 30 minutes to make, and contains just 6 simple ingredients. And, since the strawberries will be roasted, the flavors are robust. Everyone will think, based upon the taste, that this took hours to put together. In my book, that is a huge win!
Ingredients Needed For This Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding:
- Strawberries – Only use fresh for this recipe. Also, I use a full 2 pounds. That amount may seem like a lot, but in all actuality you need that much to get that intense strawberry flavor to come through.
- Honey – My go to is Beeyond The Hive Honey. Always!
- Coconut Milk – I like to use full fat, unsweetened coconut milk, because it is a fantastic dairy-free alternative. (Note: For those that don’t like coconut, you can’t taste it once it is all mixed together).
- Vanilla Extract – This will enhance all the other flavors.
- Salt – You need some salt for this recipe, because it balances out the sweetness from the fruit and honey.
- Chia Seeds – I love to use this brand by Badia or you can try these by Navitas as well. FYI: The longer the chia seeds have time to set the more time they have to open up and soften. That’s why I like to prepare a batch the night before I want it.
- Toppings – I like to top my pudding with some fruit and cacao nibs. That is it! Don’t get too fancy because you don’t want to mask the beautiful flavor of the pudding itself.
For more chia pudding recipes, please give these a try:
- Lemon Curd Chia Parfaits
- Decadent Chocolate-Cherry Chia Pudding
- Autumn-Apple Pie Chia Pudding
- Loaded Kiwi Chia Pudding
Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 2 lbs. Strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 3 tbsp Beeyond The Hive Wildflower Honey (linked below)
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Himalayan Pink Salt, two small pinches
- 2/3 cup Chia Seeds
- Toppings: Fresh Berries, Navitas Organics Cacao Sweet Nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the strawberries to the parchment paper. Drizzle with honey.
- Roast for 20-23 minutes. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- To a food processor, add the strawberries and their juices. Purée on high until completely smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract and salt and blend until well combined. Remove the strawberry mixture to a large glass bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and stir a couple of times during the next 15-20 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Right before serving, divide the pudding into 4-6 bowls, and top with fresh berries and cacao nibs.
- My pinch bowls are by Chrissy Teigen which I found at Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Lastly, this Clear Glass Bowl with Lid, Set of 12 from Crate & Barrel is what I use to store my chia puddings in.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.