Can you believe that Thanksgiving is one week away from today?!? I seriously cannot wait! At this point though, it kinda feels somewhat unattainable just because sickness has been running rampant in my house, and we’re having to push back our road trip by a day in the hopes that we’ll rally. We will rally though, I just know it!
But as we prepare for this special day, I can’t help but think of all the yummy smells that will be wafting through the house that glorious morning. The smells of all the foods that are fond to me. The smells that remind me of Thanksgiving growing up. And the smells that remind me of all the fun conversations I had at the dinner table with all my friends and family. Those are the smells I want to remember! And those are the smells that will put a giant smile on my face as I slip out of bed.
So as you get ready for this fabulous holiday, I hope you’re prepping your house for all those comforting, rich and decadent Thanksgiving smells that make you so happy. And to top if off, consider adding this Holiday Simmering Pot to your list. It’s the simplest thing you’ll do all day, guaranteed. It’ll send all your guests running to the kitchen for sure!
This simmering pot is filled with all the warming, citrusy, woodsy scents of the holidays. It will definitely fill every nook and cranny of your cozy space! Breath in deep and enjoy!
Happy planning! And Happy Thanksgiving! Please share in the comments below what you are grateful for this year!
I’m grateful for love! I’m grateful for having such good health. AND, I’m super grateful for the fierce love of my sweet husband!
Holiday Simmering Pot
- Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Whole Cloves, small pinch
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 large Orange Slices or Orange Peel
- Fill a medium sized pot or cast iron skillet with all ingredients, and add the water to about 1 inch below the brim.
- Bring to a gently boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer on low until the water is almost dissolved. Repeat the process a couple of times.
- Enjoy the smells of the holidays!