***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
A French 75 Cocktail with Empress 1908 Gin, champagne, lemon juice and honey simple syrup. It is a refreshing, citrusy and slightly sweet cocktail that is perfect for the holidays or to ring in the New Year. If you are looking for a pretty, bubbly cocktail then this can be your new go to.
- Named after the French 75mm field gun that the French and Americans used in World War 1.
- This cocktail is generally made with a sugar simple syrup. However, I switch it up a bit and use honey. I believe the honey plays well off the herbal notes of the gin and the bright lemon juice.
How to Make the Best French 75 Cocktail with Empress:
- Gin – I use Empress 1908 Gin and I love it, because of its delicious taste and beautiful color.
- Simple Syrup – Whether you use honey or sugar, you will need to make a simple syrup. (Note: do not add straight honey to your cold drink, because it will seize up on you). Just make it ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Lemon Juice – You will need lemon juice. It not only cuts some of the sweetness, but you need it to enhance the gin.
- Lemon Curls – It is very easy to make these lemon curls. Simply slice a ring from the lemon. Make a slice through one side of the peel and the pulp, all the way up to the rind on the other side. Cut the pulp off of the peel so there is one long, thin strip of peel. Twist the peel into a curly-q shape. It will naturally hold its shape.
To read more on the history of Empress Gin and how it came to be, please check out my Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail post. It is linked below.
And, for more Empress Gin drink ideas, please give these a try:
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade
- Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- These Stemless Champagne Flutes Set of 4 are from World Market.