These Chai-Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins are made with oat flour, and filled with apples, golden raisins, nuts and sweet potato. They are light and fluffy and are perfect for a healthy breakfast or an easy snack.
Looking for a fun, new way to incorporate leftover sweet potatoes in your diet? Want a recipe that the whole family will love including the kids? Then check out this cooked sweet potato muffin recipe.
Here’s the thing about these muffins…they are healthier, a bit less sweet, and loaded with lots of goodies. And, this recipe calls for avocado oil instead of butter. So, it’s something that everyone can get behind.
Ingredient Notes For These Chai-Sweet Potato Muffins:
- Flour – I only use Bob’s Red Mill® gluten-free oat flour, but you can probably try it with almond flour and get the same result.
- Sugar – Here I use coconut sugar, but light brown sugar works as well.
- For the coconut sugar use 1 – 1 1/4 cup. For the brown sugar use only 3/4 cup. (I notice when I use coconut sugar in place of brown sugar that I generally need to add a bit more. So, start off with one cup, and if needed, add a bit more).
- Spice Blend – This Chai is a beautiful spice blend and contains cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. It is 100% organic and freshly ground.
- Avocado Oil – I use avocado oil for this recipe, but pretty much any oil will work (i.e. olive, avocado, coconut, etc.).
- Raisins – I love golden raisins in this recipe. They are plump, soft and fruitier in flavor than brown raisins.
- Sweet Potato – This recipe only calls for a small amount of sweet potato. However, if you have multiple potatoes in your pantry then this is a great way to use them up. Just double or triple the recipe.
- Preparation – I microwave the potato for convenience, but you can also roast it as well. That will take longer though.
- Once added to the batter, make sure to use a hand mixer to gently break it up. The mixer works like a charm here!
Additional Notes on The Spice Blend:
And if you don’t have this spice blend then what?
- The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of the chai confection. That particular blend is made up of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Personally, I would recommend a combination of some of these spices, but not to exceed 1 tablespoon total. So, maybe try 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ginger or allspice. That way, you get a bit of everything in there.
Chai-Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins are light, healthy and delicious! The next time you have extra potatoes, give these a go.
And, for more delicious recipes, please check these out:
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Dark-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- This large Marble & Wood Cheese Board is from Williams Sonoma.
- My White Textured Stoneware is available at World Market.
- And the Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.