Creamy Coconut Cilantro-Lime Chicken! This is an easy and super flavorful dish that is ready in under an hour. It’s family-friendly and is perfect for any night of the week. The best part is the creamy, dairy-free sauce that is made with coconut milk, and lots of fresh cilantro and lime juice. It is divine!
To keep with the dairy-free theme, you need two important ingredients: coconut milk and vegan butter. I have provided the specific brands I use below. They are fantastic products, and I guarantee you will love the flavors of this dish.
Ingredients Needed That You May Not Already Have In Your Fridge:
- Chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro
- Vegan butter or butter of choice
- Coconut milk
Important Things You Need To Know About This Creamy Coconut Cilantro-Lime Chicken:
- Coconut Milk – This alternative is one of the stars of the show! It is creamy, slightly sweet, and a bit nutty. Also, it naturally thickens the sauce so you will not need to add any additional thickening agents.
- Canned – There are many different varieties of coconut milk. My favorite is canned. Just a heads up though, shake it well before opening to fully combine the liquid and the cream that have separated.
- Unsweetened – Please be sure to find unsweetened coconut milk because it is already naturally sweet, with no need of added sugars.
- Full Fat – And for best results, use full-fat coconut milk. Lite coconut milk has less fat, giving it a more watery consistency. So use full-fat here, because it will lend to a more rich and creamy dish.
- Miyoko’s Creamery ®European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter – This butter is 100% crafted from plants. Plus it melts, spread, browns, bakes and tastes like butter. For me, this a great alternative because it is lactose free, gluten-free and contains no dairy. Oh yay!
Lastly, to make this a full meal, serve this Creamy Coconut Cilantro-Lime Chicken with a side of rice, and asparagus.
And, for more chicken recipes, please give these a try:
- Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
- Easy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
- DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print