Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos! These delicious tacos are perfect for lunch or dinner. They are made with my shredded salsa chicken, and topped with a sautéed mixture of bell pepper, onion and tomato. And, if you feel real daring, you can add a fresh jalapeño to the mix. To finish them off, just add avocado, shredded lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Quick Notes on Preparation For These Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos:
- Taco Shells – Siete Grain Free Taco Shells are an amazing option to try! They are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain free, etc. They are light and crunchy, and you feel good after eating them too.
- Chicken – All you need is 15 minutes, assuming that the salsa chicken is already prepared, to have a fabulous taco dinner on the table in no time. (Note: if the meat is pretty juicy, you may need to drain it just a bit before adding it to the taco shells. Soggy shells are gross!) If there are any leftovers, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or it freezes well.
- Avocado Oil – I eyeball the measurement, but use a little less than 1 tablespoon. If you add too much, the veggies will be too oily.
- Fresh Lime Juice – I love to add a bit of juice to my sautéed veggies, because it adds some bright, zesty flavor. If you don’t have it though, no worries, it won’t ruin the recipe.
- Bell Pepper & Onion Mixture – Give yourself some time to sauté the veggies, because the slight char adds different dimension and flavor than raw veggies will.
- Siete Hot Sauce – Their Jalapeño Hot Sauce is such a fun addition. It is not necessary, but it’s definitely a fun add-on. I recommend you try it sometime.
Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (linked below)
- 1 box Siete Taco Shells, cooked
- Avocado Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1 Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Optional: Jalapeño Pepper, sliced
- 2 Limes (reserve 1/2 for the sauté)
- 1 Nature Sweet Constellation Mini Colorful Tomatoes, (a small handful), cut in half
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1 Avocado, pitted and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep all the veggies and add the taco shells to a sheet pan.
- To a skillet, on medium-high heat, add a drizzle of avocado oil. Add the bell pepper, onion, jalapeño pepper, some salt and pepper and lime juice. Sauté for about 6-8 minutes, or until crisp-tender, and slightly charred in places. Make sure to give it a good stir occasionally.
- During the last couple minutes, add the tomatoes just to soften them a bit. Remove the veggie mixture to a paper towel lined plate.
- Cook the taco shells according to package directions.
- Top the tacos with the salsa chicken, shredded lettuce, sautéed pepper/onion mixture and avocado chunks. Serve each plate with a lime wedge.
- Enjoy immediately!
For the salsa chicken recipe, please check out the link below: