Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos! These delicious tacos are perfect for lunch or dinner. They are made with my shredded salsa chicken, and topped with a sautéed mixture of bell pepper, onion and tomato. And, if you feel real daring, you can add a fresh jalapeño to the mix. To finish them off, just add avocado, shredded lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Quick Notes on Preparation For These Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos:
- Taco Shells – Siete Grain Free Taco Shells are an amazing option to try! They are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain free, etc. They are light and crunchy, and you feel good after eating them too.
- Chicken – All you need is 15 minutes, assuming that the salsa chicken is already prepared, to have a fabulous taco dinner on the table in no time. (Note: if the meat is pretty juicy, you may need to drain it just a bit before adding it to the taco shells. Soggy shells are gross!) If there are any leftovers, you can refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or it freezes well. Here is The Best Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken for reference.
- Avocado Oil – I eyeball the measurement, but use a little less than 1 tablespoon. If you add too much, the veggies will be too oily.
- Fresh Lime Juice – I love to add a bit of juice to my sautéed veggies, because it adds some bright, zesty flavor. If you don’t have it though, no worries, it won’t ruin the recipe.
- Bell Pepper & Onion Mixture – Give yourself some time to sauté the veggies, because the slight char adds different dimension and flavor than raw veggies will.
- Siete Hot Sauce – Their Jalapeño Hot Sauce is such a fun addition. It is not necessary, but it’s definitely a fun add-on. I recommend you try it sometime.
And, for more taco recipes, please give these a try:
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
- Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos
- The Best Chimichurri Flank Steak Tacos
- Chipotle Honey Chicken Tacos (Slow Cooker)
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.