We love eggs in our house. Generally, my 3 go-to breakfast items are egg, smoothie or oatmeal related. And my husband and the kids seem to want eggs all the time. So this is my version of avocado toast, and it’s made all the more simple with our nifty, egg cooker that we received as a gift.
This egg cooker is so legit! You just choose the type of egg preparation you want, fill the container with the right amount of water, set it, and forget it. It’s just that easy!!! It is one of the best kitchen items we’ve used in a long time. It will make your life so much easier too. So I’ve linked it below.
- 6 Hard or soft boiled eggs
- 2 Avocados, seeds removed
- 2 Scallions, diced (reserve one for topping)
- Shallot or Onion, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prepare the eggs on the stovetop or egg cooker.
- While the eggs cook, add to a mixing bowl the avocados, scallion, onion and salt and pepper to taste. Mash the avocados but still leave them a little chunky, and stir well to combine; set aside.
- Roughly chop hard boiled eggs.
- Toast four slices of bread. Evenly top each piece with the avocado mixture, eggs and the remaining scallion.
- Finish off with a bit more salt and pepper.