A DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe recreated at home! This version of Chipotle’s burrito bowl is an easy, throw together meal that is made with similar elements — cilantro lime rice, chicken and mango pico.
In this version, I use store bought Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning and fresh Mango Pico De Gallo from Safeway. Their Mango Pico is so delicious, and it comes with an added hint of spiciness. Just feel free to cut corners where you can, because the point of this meal is convenience.
This DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner and can be put together with one, quick, last minute grocery store run.
Here are the keys for the quickest and most flavorful burrito bowls:
- Use my easy Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe
- Purchase Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning Blend. (This tastes great on pretty much anything! And it’s a crucial time saver, especially when you don’t have time to make your own chipotle seasoning or marinade.)
- Give Mango Pico De Gallo from Safeway a try. (It is made fresh everyday, and is great for those days when you don’t have much time to be in the kitchen.)
- Don’t forget all the delicious add-ons!
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Tomato pico or salsa
- Shredded Cheese
- Lime wedges
DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
A DIY Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe recreated at home! This version of Chipotle's burrito bowl is an easy, throw together meal that is made with similar elements -- cilantro lime rice, chicken and mango pico.
- 4 large Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil (linked below)
- Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning Blend (linked below)
- Cilantro-Lime Rice (linked below)
- 1 can Bush's Best Black Beans (reduced sodium), rinsed and drained
- 1 container Mango Pico (or something similar)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Additional toppings: avocado, salsa, cheese, lime wedges
In a small pot, prepare the cilantro-lime rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken breasts. Season both sides of each breast with the seasoning blend.
Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium high. Once hot, add the chicken and cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
Remove from the pan and cover with foil until ready to use. (Either serve the chicken whole or cubed).
Equally assemble four bowls with the rice, black beans, chicken, mango pico, cilantro and additional toppings.