This Delicious Vegan Lemon Curd is made with just 6 ingredients. It is creamy, perfectly tart and naturally sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. It’s perfect as an indulgent dessert, or you can use it as a fun add-on for chia pudding, pancakes and scones.
- Easy and delicious
- Rich, thick and creamy
- Lemony and tart
- Just the right amount of sweetness
- 100% vegan
Ingredient Notes For This Vegan Lemon Curd:
- Thickener – Use cornstarch for this recipe. I have tried both cornstarch and arrowroot (which I love), but the arrowroot just doesn’t work for this particular recipe. It results in a gummy, stringy texture. However, the cornstarch yields a perfect curd every time.
- Turmeric – This ingredient is optional, but I love it because of the beautiful yellow color it gives. Add a pinch, stir and taste test. If it’s not yellow enough, repeat the process until you are happy with it. Just be sure not to use too much, or you will change the flavor of the lemon curd.
Coconut Milk vs. Coconut Cream & How To Use It In This Recipe:
- Brand – It is so crucial to get the right brand for this particular recipe, because not all brands are created equal. The key…avoid brands with guar gum listed as an ingredient.
- The specific brand below, in my opinion, is the best one on the market because it is organic, Non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it contains no guar gum or other additives. This is a major bonus! At the end of the day, it is all about finding the best clean ingredients. So, please be sure to check out the one I mention below.
- If you can’t find coconut cream, you can use coconut milk. However, the result may not be as thick and creamy.
The Most Helpful Advice I Can Give For This Vegan Lemon Curd:
The most important tip I can give, is to refrigerate the coconut milk or cream for a good 24-48 hours before you need it. So plan ahead!
With coconut milk, this step allows the cream to separate to the top. Scoop out the cream for this recipe, and use the coconut water for something else like smoothies.
With coconut cream, the refrigeration time will set up the entire can. (I will say, I have skipped this step before with the coconut cream, and I don’t love the end result. Even though it’s coconut “cream”, there is still just a little bit of water at the bottom. Not only that, if you don’t refrigerate it, it’s much harder to separate the cream from the water, because it is so soft. As you scoop it out, the two mix, and again, the end result of this recipe will be different). So….don’t forget to refrigerate!
I adore this Delicious Vegan Lemon Curd recipe. It’s SO good! You can’t taste the coconut and you’ll never know it is vegan.
And, for more delicious recipes, please give these a try:
- Lemon Curd Chia Parfaits (Vegan)
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberries
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce
- DIY Garden Herb Salt (So Versatile)
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print