These ultimate Shortcut No-Fuss Meyer Lemon Bars are loaded with tangy lemon flavor and an easy shortbread crust! It’s a simple dessert that won’t keep you in the kitchen long, and even the lemon haters in your life will fall in love with them.
Spring is such a great time to enjoy anything lemon so I just had to share these easy, Shortcut No-Fuss Meyer Lemon Bars with you all.
- Tart lemon curd filling
- Buttery shortbread crust
- The perfect amount of powdered sugar dusted on top
- It’s an easy dessert that you can make all year round
- Meyer Lemon Bar Mix – FYI: This mix does contain milk. However, it never seems to bother me because I think there’s such a small amount. It’s a great mix though if you are looking for something quick and convenient.
- Kite Hill – Here is the surprise element of this dessert…yogurt! And, of course, the yogurt makes it that much more luxurious and rich. IT IS HEAVEN! (Even the lemon hater in my house loved these beauties. Loved them so much, that I was asked to make them again. WIN!) 😉
- The yogurt I use is a plant based coconut milk yogurt. And the flavor is lemon meringue. I love this brand for it’s high quality and great taste. If you know of a different plant based lemon yogurt that you want to use then that is fine. (The brand I use is linked below).
- Vegan Butter – Again, I feel this is one of the best brands out there. Their butter tastes, melts and cooks just like real butter. I always have their butter in my fridge. It is linked below.
So if you’re looking for a sure thing, and one that won’t disappoint, check out this recipe below.
For more delicious recipes, please give these a try:
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Summer Fruit Crumble Bars
- Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Shortcut No-Fuss Meyer Lemon Bars
- 1 box Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix© (linked below)
- 1 5.3 oz container Kite Hill Lemon Meringue Yogurt® (linked below) (You will only use about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Miyoko's Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, unsalted, melted (linked below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a glass 8×8 inch pan or line it with parchment paper.
- To a measuring cup, add about 1/4 cup Lemon Meringue Yoghurt and the rest lemon juice to equal 1/3 cup and stir to combine. (Make sure both ingredients combined don't exceed 1/3 cup).
- In a large bowl, add the yoghurt mixture, eggs and Meyer lemon filling and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, add the melted butter to the crust mix and stir until crumbly dough forms. With your fingers, press the crust mix firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (do not over bake).
- Give the lemon mixture another good whisk, and immediately pour it over the hot crust. Bake 24-26 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- For ease of cutting, chill at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
- Parchment Paper: If using, make sure enough hangs over the sides. That way, they can be used as handles when you’re ready to remove the bars from the pan.
- Lemon: Make sure to use a small to medium sized lemon. Using one that is too large will make for a really wet filling. (For more tart flavor, use 1 whole lemon. Otherwise, you can just use 1/2).
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.