Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile! This is an easy recipe that’s made in the slow cooker, and is the perfect topping for burritos, tacos, warm tortillas or even fluffy eggs!
Tips For This Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile:
- 505 Southwestern® – Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile is certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free & Vegan. This is the star of the show! Made up of simple and delicious ingredients: Hatch Valley Green Chile Peppers, Garlic, Salt and Lime Juice Concentrate. That’s it. And it has tons of great flavor. Buyer beware though, this is a spicy one for sure.
- Chicken Broth – Use low-sodium broth, because it allows you to control the sodium in the dish.
- Pork Stew Meat – Try to find at least 1 1/2 pounds of meat if not a bit more. (If you’re like my house, you’ll want a lot of meat).
- Thickening Agent – You will need to use cornstarch or arrowroot as a thickening agent. So please don’t skip this step.
How To Make This Chile in The Slow Cooker:
- Add everything to the slow cooker except for the cornstarch and water. Set it, and forget it. It’s that easy!
- During the last 15 minutes, add the cornstarch mixture to thicken up the chile.
A Freezer-Friendly Meal:
- Let the chile cool completely before freezing it in a freezer-safe container or bag.
And, for more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar (Quick & Delicious)
- Hatch-Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Huevos Rancheros with Green Chile
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print