Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile! This is an easy recipe that’s made in the slow cooker, and is the perfect topping for burritos, tacos, warm tortillas or even fluffy eggs!
Tips For This Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile:
- 505 Southwestern® – Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile is certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free & Vegan. This is the star of the show! Made up of simple and delicious ingredients: Hatch Valley Green Chile Peppers, Garlic, Salt and Lime Juice Concentrate. That’s it. And it has tons of great flavor. Buyer beware though, this is a spicy one for sure.
- Chicken Broth – Use low-sodium broth, because it allows you to control the sodium in the dish.
- Pork Stew Meat – Try to find at least 1 1/2 pounds of meat if not a bit more. (If you’re like my house, you’ll want a lot of meat).
- Corn Starch – You will need this as a thickening agent. So please don’t skip this.
How To Make This in The Slow Cooker:
- Add everything to the slow cooker except for the cornstarch and water. Set it, and forget it. It’s that easy!
- During the last 15 minutes, add the cornstarch mixture to thicken up the chile.
A Freezer-Friendly Meal:
- Let the chile cool completely before freezing it in a freezer-safe container or bag.
Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile
Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile! This is an easy recipe that's made in the slow cooker, and is the perfect topping for burritos, tacos, warm tortillas or even fluffy eggs!
Servings: 6 + people
- 2 jars 505 Southwestern Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile (medium)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1.5 lbs. Pork Stew Meat, cubed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Arrowroot
- 2 tbsp Water
- Season the pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- To the slow cooker, add the green chile sauce and the chicken broth and stir until well combined.
- Add the pork to the mixture and give it a light stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- With about 15 minutes remaining, in a small mixing bowl add the arrowroot and water and mix until fully dissolved.
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the slow cooker, and stir constantly for a couple of minutes. Let it thicken up for the remaining time that is left.
- Serve over burritos, with warm tortillas or with your favorite tacos!
- Pork Stew Meat: It comes already cut, but some of the meat may need to be broken down into smaller bite size pieces.
- Thickening Agent: You can use cornstarch or arrowroot.
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- And the Medium White Textured Stoneware Bowl is from World Market.