Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile
This post contains affiliate links.
Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile! This is an easy recipe that’s made in the slow cooker, and is the perfect topping for burritos, tacos, warm tortillas or even fluffy eggs!
Tips For This Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile:
- 505 Southwestern® – Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile is certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free & Vegan. This is the star of the show! Made up of simple and delicious ingredients: Hatch Valley Green Chile Peppers, Garlic, Salt and Lime Juice Concentrate. That’s it. And it has tons of great flavor. Buyer beware though, this is a spicy one for sure.
- Chicken Broth – Use low-sodium broth, because it allows you to control the sodium in the dish.
- Pork Stew Meat – Try to find at least 1 1/2 pounds of meat if not a bit more. (If you’re like my house, you’ll want a lot of meat).
- Thickening Agent – You will need to use cornstarch or arrowroot as a thickening agent. So please don’t skip this step.
How To Make This Chile in The Slow Cooker:
- Add everything to the slow cooker except for the cornstarch and water. Set it, and forget it. It’s that easy!
- During the last 15 minutes, add the cornstarch mixture to thicken up the chile.
A Freezer-Friendly Meal:
- Let the chile cool completely before freezing it in a freezer-safe container or bag.
And, for more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar (Quick & Delicious)
- Hatch-Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Huevos Rancheros with Green Chile
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 + servings 1x
This Flame-Roasted Pork Green Chile is an easy recipe that’s made in the slow cooker, and is the perfect topping for burritos, tacos, warm tortillas or even fluffy eggs!
- 2 16 oz. jars 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile (Medium)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1.5 lbs. Pork Stew Meat, cubed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot
- 2 tbsp Water
- Prep the meat: Season the pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pork mixture: To the slow cooker, add the green chile and the chicken broth and stir until well combined. Add the pork and give it a light stir.
- Cook time: Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Make the thickener: With about 15 minutes remaining, in a small mixing bowl add the arrowroot and water and mix until fully dissolved.
- Add to the filling: Add the arrowroot mixture to the slow cooker, and stir constantly for a couple of minutes. Let it thicken up for the remaining time that is left.
- How to serve: Serve over burritos, with warm tortillas or with your favorite tacos!
- Pork Stew Meat: It comes already cut, but some of the meat may need to be broken down into smaller bite size pieces.
- Thickening Agent: You can use cornstarch or arrowroot.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chile, Easy Main Dish, Gluten-Free Recipes, Green Chile Recipes, Pork, Pork Recipes, Recipes for Parties, Slow Cooker Recipes, Super Bowl, Tailgate Party
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- And the Medium White Textured Stoneware Bowl is from World Market.
It’s an easy slow cooker recipe for a quick end of day meal. Love the flavors and the heat!
Thank you so much! I definitely agree. 😉
What size are the jars of green chili?
The jars are 16 ounces. Sorry for not listing that in the recipe card.