I love zucchini crisps dipped in ranch dressing! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and so addicting. It’s the perfect little snack! So, I thought to myself how can I take the “classic zucchini chip” and amplify it. How can I make it even better?!?
Grilled Zucchini Chicken Burgers!!! This time the zucchini chips are bigger, lightly grilled, and topped onto a juicy, cheesy-delicious spicy chicken burger with all the fixings. You are welcome! 😉
Grilled Zucchini Chicken Burgers
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts (same thickness)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Zucchini Slices-thick lengthwise pieces
- Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend Salt-Free
- Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Lettuce, for topping
- 1 Egg
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Warm the gas grill up on high heat for about 10 mins. During this time, prep the zucchini.
- In 3 separate shallow dishes, add some flour, Panko bread crumbs and one beaten egg.
- Lightly coat each zucchini piece in flour, egg and then bread crumbs; set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the spicy seasoning blend.
- Turn the grill down to about medium-high, add the chicken and cook for about 6-8 mins per side (depending on thickness), or until it looses its pink color.
- During the last minute or two, add the cheese and allow it to melt.
- Turn down one side of the grill to low, add the zucchini pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To assemble the burgers: Use your favorite hamburger buns, and top with the chicken, grilled zucchini, tomato, and lettuce.